PDA

View Full Version : Please Help EPC, coolant and ignition probs

hatchetman
25-07-2009, 11:30 AM
My 2003 ibiza is starting to play up with a variety of different issues that cannot be traced

Firstly the EPC amd Engine lights came on (car still driving fine) - a scan gave a code of PO116 - after a bit of research the general trend seemed to be a faulty coolant sensor so I replaced this - the result was that the engine management light no longer comes on but the EPC still lights up

The next thing I noticed was that the coolant level level was dropping (after 50 miles the bottle level would go from MAX to MIN). At no time did the engine overheat plus the oil is as it should be. I took the car to a garage to do a pressure test and they could not find any fault nor any signs of a leak. This was 2 days ago so topped the water up again and yet again the level has dropped.

The final straw was last night when i pulled into the drive and turned the ignition off and took the key out only to realise that THE ENGINE WAS STILL RUNNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it eventually stopped after approx 20 secs

any help would be much appreciated