PDA

View Full Version : FAO GT owners - do you have a tyre 'set' button in front of gear stick?

Foxtrot Oscar
24-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi all

Apologies for the extra thread, need this to get direct attention!

Do you GT owners have a tyre set button in front of your gearstick? The manual says that there should be one but on my GT it's not there.

The problem is that the tyre sensors have triggered a false alarm somehow and I need to reset the sensors, only I can't follow the instructions in the manual as I don't have the button!

Just wondering if I'm missing something obvious, or is it simply that they've missed this off my car by mistake?

GTMan
24-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Picked up my GT DSG TSI a couple of days ago and it does NOT have a tyre set button.

keithwigley
24-07-2009, 10:12 AM
It's a button with a logo that looks like a section through a tyre alongside the traction control button.

cs2009
24-07-2009, 11:24 AM
I just have ESP, parking sensor cancel, and adaptive chassis control buttons.

nokiauk
24-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Strange, I have a TSI DSG and I have tyre sensor button along with parking sensor button and ESP button

EDIT: I did read somewhere thats it has been re-located to the glovebox for some reason

HHGTTG
24-07-2009, 02:16 PM
I just have ESP, parking sensor cancel, and adaptive chassis control buttons.
Surey you mean front parking sensor 'activation' don't you - or am I wrong. Mind you, I'll soon find out

nokiauk
24-07-2009, 02:18 PM
it cancels or activates depending on use.

if the sensors are activated by selecting reverse front & rear come on and you can cancel by pressing the button

if you want to activate them without using reverse the button will activate them

HHGTTG
24-07-2009, 02:31 PM
it cancels or activates depending on use.

if the sensors are activated by selecting reverse front & rear come on and you can cancel by pressing the button

if you want to activate them without using reverse the button will activate them
Can you briefly outline what sort of sensitivity/range/accuracy they have or how close to a vertical wall, say, you can get by listening to the signals.

nokiauk
24-07-2009, 02:39 PM
I have found them to be quite accurate to the point I now trust the display on the radio screen and the beeps rather then actually looking :rolleyes:

I would say when the display turns red and you get a constant beep you are about 3-4 inches away from hitting anything, though I think this is lessened a bit for the ones on the corners.

HHGTTG
24-07-2009, 02:52 PM
I have found them to be quite accurate to the point I now trust the display on the radio screen and the beeps rather then actually looking :rolleyes:

I would say when the display turns red and you get a constant beep you are about 3-4 inches away from hitting anything, though I think this is lessened a bit for the ones on the corners.
Thanks for that. Very interesting.

david25
24-07-2009, 06:11 PM
For 2010 models, this button is now inside the glove box.

cj57
24-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Foxtrot, I've a GT and have that button with a logo that looks like a section through a tyre with SET written beneath it (nearest to driver). Far left button is for my ESP.

netherfield
25-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Mine has the button by the driver.

Foxtrot Oscar
25-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Strange, I have a TSI DSG and I have tyre sensor button along with parking sensor button and ESP button

EDIT: I did read somewhere thats it has been re-located to the glovebox for some reason

For 2010 models, this button is now inside the glove box.

I love you and I love you! Thanks for the help everyone.

It is indeed inside the glovebox, no mention of this in the manual. Next puzzle is why the warning came on in the first place, as all the tyres were perfectly inflated to 2.3 bar (~33 PSI). Hopefully it was just a temporary gremlin that will not mean my first warranty visit to VW.

Thanks again.

bassmandan
26-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Mine's in the glovebox too :)

I had a funny episode where I had a look through the entire car, found it, then looked for it again a day later and couldn't find the damn thing!

WeegieBob
26-07-2009, 09:24 PM
I've been having a conversation with my dealer & VW about my "missing" tyre monitor reset button, much to their surprise it wasn't fitted!

Or was it - in fact after reading this thread I checked and loe & behold it was in the glovebox, and once again much to the surprise of my dealer when I called them this morning telling them so. So no need for me now to take my GT to the dealership this week to see if the tyre pressure monitoring system can be retro-fitted then.

Sometimes I wonder if VW are actually talking to their outlets.

WeegieBob.

mr gee
30-07-2009, 02:40 AM
side issue. what else is different in the 2010 model?

saveferris
30-07-2009, 03:28 PM
what else is different in the 2010 model?

Good question.....anyone?

HHGTTG
30-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Good question.....anyone?
If I remember, it or they amounted to nothing significant. I think they decided to put back an extra lashing hook in the boot area or something to that effect.
Mind you, despite the fact that I think my new car is great I could suggest a re-think of those silly heater controls and even my sunroof's rotary knob has an inferior and less postive action than the one on my departed MK5.
VW seem to have a knob problem with their new cars!

Foxtrot Oscar
30-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Another difference on the 2010 model was the addition of an oil pressure indicator to the MFD. Big deal!!

There's a post somewhere listing all the differences but I can't find it at the moment. As said, none of the changes were what you'd class as material, which is probably nice to know for you 'old' model owners.

HHGTTG
30-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Another difference on the 2010 model was the addition of an oil pressure indicator to the MFD. Big deal!!

There's a post somewhere listing all the differences but I can't find it at the moment. As said, none of the changes were what you'd class as material, which is probably nice to know for you 'old' model owners.
Oil Temperaure, I believe. However, I have switched off that in MFD using the customising feature, as well as the speed warning dashes.

JoseSpring
31-07-2009, 08:54 AM
However, I have switched off that in MFD using the customising feature, as well as the speed warning dashes.
I know this takes this even further off-topic, but I love the speed warning!
Goodness, the number of times I've found myself driving, let's just say significantly faster than I'd realise I was doing. So now I have the warning set to go off at 70mph (ahem) so that I get a little reminder of what I'm up to.