PDA

View Full Version : Oil filter location

dfb
11-04-2007, 10:34 PM
I was hoping to service my B6 Passat 2.0 tdi, can someone please tell me where the oil filter is???:confused:

gteyes
31-05-2007, 06:33 PM
if you lift the top cover off the engine at the front look stright down and just right of the pipes coming up for the inlet manifold there's a black cap with a nut on top unscrew this and there's a paper filament type oil filter there when replacing it also replace the black rubber "o" ring that is on the cap of the oil filter and and when refitting put some oil on this "o" ring also put some oil the the small "o" ring at the bottom of the new filter

Quatrelle
31-05-2007, 08:38 PM
if you lift the top cover off the engine at the front ...............
Does that just pull off?

dfb - make sure you use the correct oil, VW will void your guarantee if you don't and there's a problem!

Flash2
02-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Does that just pull off?!
Yes, it does.

dfb - make sure you use the correct oil, VW will void your guarantee if you don't and there's a problem!
What, the Castrol long life stuff? That stuff is so expensive that some of the VW dealers don't even use it.

If the cars set up for long life servicing, you'll have to go to the dealer to get the service light reset. Unless you have VAGCOM, of course.