PDA

View Full Version : Question Delivery inspection/checks

tigersargyle
22-07-2009, 11:43 PM
I have 6 weeks or so to go until I pick up my new A4 Avant from the dealer.

When I get there what sort of things should I be looking out for in my inspection of the vehicle before I drive it out of the showroom?

What problems have new owners encountered which maybe the dealers have kept quiet about on the day?

Having read a number of posts my list starts with:

Check paint work for defects
Check the ordered options have been incorporated into the car (including dealer fitted options ie. phone cradle/roof bars)
Check for chrome exhaust pipes!
Check vehicle mileage
Ensure insurance is set up
Ensure tax disc is in place
Any help appreciated

Red 2
23-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Option check is IMPO the most important. Personally didn't have a problem with my A4 but have had VWs, Volvos, Seats and Peugots all missing options that were ordered and the factory confirmed to the dealer had been fitted!:(

One thing a friend of mine ddn't realise was missing until it was too late was the first aid kit in the rear armrest.

Jop
23-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Locking wheel nut remover and all tools required to take off a wheel.
If you have gone for autoglym finish, check that they have scotch guarded the upholstery by pouring a drop of water on the seats to ensure its not absorbed.

Radio Reception. My early (sept 2008) B8 avant with dvd nav has a useless radio reception... I wish I had spotted that before I drove it away.

ScottyUK
23-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Check the number plates match the docs. On my TT they mis-made the plates and I was driving around for three days with incorrect details displayed!