PDA

View Full Version : Default configuration on interior and keyfob behaviour

icebun
22-07-2009, 08:54 PM
As a non smoker can anyone advise if I need to specify a 12v socket rather than the smoker option of ashtray and lighter on the new Golf VI? Someone told me that it's auto 12V inside unless requested otherwise.

In addition, is the default configuration on the keyfob as follows:-

- On lock, single press on keyfob locks all doors?

- On unlock, single press on keyfob open's drivers door only. Second press unlocks remaining doors? Can this be configured to unlock all doors (as part of the official order or only post after delivery)?

With regard to closing open windows from the outside, do you still have to hold the keyfob down until all windows are shut?

elidag
22-07-2009, 09:57 PM
As a non smoker can anyone advise if I need to specify a 12v socket rather than the smoker option of ashtray and lighter on the new Golf VI? Someone told me that it's auto 12V inside unless requested otherwise.

In addition, is the default configuration on the keyfob as follows:-

- On lock, single press on keyfob locks all doors?

- On unlock, single press on keyfob open's drivers door only. Second press unlocks remaining doors? Can this be configured to unlock all doors (as part of the official order or only post after delivery)?

With regard to closing open windows from the outside, do you still have to hold the keyfob down until all windows are shut?

If you have the Highline display it is possible to set the lock/unlock function to all doors or just drivers door and yes you do have to hold the keyfob down to close all windows.

J400uk
26-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Depending on what configuration the dealer sets the car as, you may find pressing the key fob once either unlocks all doors or just the drivers door. You can change the setting in the Highline computer, if fitted. To close the windows you press and hold the lock button when locking, otherwise just press it once. As for the 12v socket, all Golfs have them as standard.

Foxtrot Oscar
26-07-2009, 04:11 PM
As for the 12v socket, all Golfs have them as standard. The optional smokers pack adds a cigarette lighter.

My GT came with a cigarette lighter and I never specced smokers' pack. In fact smokers' pack wasn't even an option on the list when I last looked.

My keyfob behaves as follows:

- one blip unlocks driver's door only
- second blip unlocks passenger door
- third blip unlocks rear doors also

Really I'd rather one blip unlocked all doors (not boot) so I'll be looking at my highline display later, as I did not know you could change this through the computer.

J400uk
26-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Sorry I was getting mixed up with Mercedes in that post just then, your quite right Smokers Pack on the Golf dosen't exist.

icebun
26-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the response guys.