PDA

View Full Version : Delivery mileage

smellster
22-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Evening all....

I'm picking up the new car in a couple of days. I've read stories of new cars being used for sneaky test drives for prospective customers prior to handover. Any thoughts on what an acceptable delivery mileage should be? What mileage did everyone elses car have on handover? Or am I being unnecessarily paranoid? :1zhelp:

mkc
22-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Mine had 5

Bristle Hound
22-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Mine had 7.2

73kingstonroad
22-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Mine had about 5 or so miles on it when I took delivery.

I read somewhere that below a certain mileage the dealer can reset it to zero, this can only be done once tho.

Martin

onemanparty
22-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Evening all....

I'm picking up the new car in a couple of days. I've read stories of new cars being used for sneaky test drives for prospective customers prior to handover. Any thoughts on what an acceptable delivery mileage should be? What mileage did everyone elses car have on handover? Or am I being unnecessarily paranoid? :1zhelp:

I think you maybe a little paranoid. of the Audi's I have had delivered Mileage has been between 5 and 27 miles.

Red 2
23-07-2009, 06:30 AM
I seem to remember there was a documentary several years ago that showed a VW dealer resetting the mileage after using new cars but that was isolated to a 'bad apple'.

My A4 had 6 miles. Easy check is the condition of the tyres, should look factory fresh on the tread.

Honestly think Audi dealers won't pull that trick on a pre-ordered car and in any case a new car quickly shows the effects of being on the road for even short mileages.

smellster
23-07-2009, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'm probably worrying unnecessarily. I think I should be worrying more about the potential for missing options!

A1287210
23-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm sure that mine came with about 4 miles

Two Audi family
23-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Mine had 9

smellster
24-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Well I finally picked the car up and it had just over 10 miles on it, so I'm happy with that, and they'd remembered to fit all the options! :D

Otherwise I have to say the car is fantastic. After taking it for a 200 mile drive today a few things particularly stand out. The 3.0tdi really doesn't sound like a diesel. The B&O as expected sounds superb. There's quite a noticeable difference between the modes of the drive select package. Comfort on the motorway gives a great ride as it irons out the lumps and bumps of the UK's cr&ppy motorways, in dynamic the ride is much firmer. I haven't got round to adjusting the individual settings of the drive select yet but I'm very happy I went for it. I'm also glad I opted for the panoramic sunroof as this lightens the dark S-Line interior quite nicely.

Hopefully attached are a few photos.

tigersargyle
24-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Well I finally picked the car up and it had just over 10 miles on it, so I'm happy with that, and they'd remembered to fit all the options! :D

Otherwise I have to say the car is fantastic. After taking it for a 200 mile drive today a few things particularly stand out. The 3.0tdi really doesn't sound like a diesel. The B&O as expected sounds superb. There's quite a noticeable difference between the modes of the drive select package. Comfort on the motorway gives a great ride as it irons out the lumps and bumps of the UK's cr&ppy motorways, in dynamic the ride is much firmer. I haven't got round to adjusting the individual settings of the drive select yet but I'm very happy I went for it. I'm also glad I opted for the panoramic sunroof as this lightens the dark S-Line interior quite nicely.

Hopefully attached are a few photos.

Great looking car.

Are your exhaust pipes chrome? Difficult to tell from the pic.

Did you go for the folding mirrors? If so wonder if you could show a close up picky of them.

smellster
24-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Yep, chrome exhausts although the dealer didn't do a great job of buffing them up. Folding mirrors as well, did you want a close up of them folded after you lock the car?

tigersargyle
24-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Yep, chrome exhausts although the dealer didn't do a great job of buffing them up. Folding mirrors as well, did you want a close up of them folded after you lock the car?

Close up when closed would be great.

Thanks

smellster
26-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Close up when closed would be great.

Thanks

Here you go, I'm not sure how to upload any bigger photos.

Apologies for the bugs, I drove the car from Bristol to Varese in N.Italy yesterday, 900 miles but at least the car is nicely run in!