PDA

View Full Version : MDI iPod cable / connection issues

momo_airbags
22-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi there! I'm new to this site - just picked up my brand new Mk 6 GTI today, and loving it apart from the MDI iPod connection problem I am having...
Dealer told me I would have to buy a USB/iPod cable to connect to the MDI USB port. I already have one (used to connect my iPod to my computer) so thought that would work...but it's coming up as 'unrecognizable' on the console.

I've viewed a few threads where people have similar problems, but I can't see a clear answer...do I need a specific VW cable to make the connection, or is my iPod Classic (160GB - approx 1 yr old) not compatible?

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks,
Mo

cj57
22-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Mo, mine came with USB connector which wouldn't work with i pod, then saw threads on here that said it should have also come with i pod connector (which it also says on the VW website - mines a GT not GTi). Quick call to the garage and it arrived in the post the next day, and it works fine - I'd challenge your dealer.

momo_airbags
22-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks CJ - much appreciated. I'll be on to them again in the morning! Very annoying it wasn't supplied automatically, though..

Thanks!
Mo

J400uk
26-07-2009, 03:28 PM
It is supposed to be supplied with the car, you just have to make sure you ask them for it.

momo_airbags
27-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Thanks - I phoned my dealer the following day and explained - they found one in stock for me the same day, which was great, so all sorted now.

Thanks again to everyone here for all your help - it's much appreciated!