PDA

View Full Version : Scrappage & Discounts

Bhupendra Mistr
22-07-2009, 02:18 PM
I visited my local Audi dealer is North London yesterday. Had a test drive (Avant SE Exec 160ps) all very nice. Now things were going very well until we started to discuss pricing & discounts. The maximum discount on offer was 9% (OK) however I was expecting an additional £1750 off as part of the goverment scrap scheme which Audi have signed up to!!!.
Obviously this dealership is doing well in these times of recession because as far as they were concerned the scrappage was part of the discount. I was wondering if any of you lovely people have experience with Audi + Scappage + discounts. Any dealerships in the North London area or beyond offering better discounts (Which Car reckons 12 to 15% is achieveable).

The best prices I have seen so far have been on the internet with sites like Motorlogix offering their normal discount and £1750 on top making a saving of almost £5000 on some models. Has anybody out there used the internet to purchase there new Audi???

All your thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

robtt09
22-07-2009, 02:22 PM
I went through Autobytel got a good discount and they gave me very fair trade in price on my car.You should get discount and scrappage on top .My car purchased through Cheshire Oaks Audi try them

Jop
22-07-2009, 05:21 PM
cant answer your question, but my 2 cents:

this is exactly how i would expect the government backed scrappage process to work. its not worth the paper its written on, its just now part of the "discount bundle"

i think the trick is to discuss discounts and price first then when the figure is settled tell them you have a car for the scrappage scheme.

onemanparty
22-07-2009, 06:08 PM
I visited my local Audi dealer is North London yesterday. Had a test drive (Avant SE Exec 160ps) all very nice. Now things were going very well until we started to discuss pricing & discounts. The maximum discount on offer was 9% (OK) however I was expecting an additional £1750 off as part of the goverment scrap scheme which Audi have signed up to!!!.

Why £1750 and not £2000!!!!

ScottyUK
22-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Discount creates the price of the car. Then you determine how that's paid.

i.e. is it made up of cash, part-ex, scrappage etc.

I don't know for a fact but I think he's trying it on. Audi must get a kick back from the Government and he's trying not to pass any of it on. :mad:

onemanparty
22-07-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't know for a fact but I think he's trying it on. Audi must get a kick back from the Government and he's trying not to pass any of it on. :mad:

the £2000 Scrappage is £1000 from the Government and £1000 from Audi. The dealer does not have to discount further £2000 off a 20K car is better than nothing.

You know what I think about discounts and brokers :mad:

rd1
22-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi,
not sure if the dealer you tried was 'M25 Audi' but if not then give them a try as they are allways looking to do a deal. I have only used the Hatfield, Herts one but they also have branches in North london.
IMO the 9% is low, push them harder and then as Jop said discuss scrappage etc when the price is right for you.
good luck and hope you get the deal.
Roger