PDA

View Full Version : Golf GTi MK2 Cabriolet Viny Roof Cleaner

stumx
11-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Hi,
I was recently looking for some information on cleaning and restoring my vinyl roof on my Golf Gti Cabriolet and did not find much information on the products available within the forum. I eventually used Autoglym Interior shampoo and Bumper Care which I bought from Halfords for £5 and £6 respectively which also included a 3 for 2 offer which was much cheaper than other advertised products. I was very pleased with the result and it was easy to apply. I also expect to get several applications from the products bought.
Some of the learning is to ensure to use a lint free cloth, I used a polishing cloth from Asda but forgot to wash it first.
When I rinsed the roof to remove the fluff the water beaded and ran a milky colour, maybe this was the reflection off the colour of the car.
After several days of rain there was some black colour runs, but have since cleaned the car with no dentrimental effects to the paintwork.
I have uploaded a couple of pictures before and after but please check yourself before taking my advice.
Hope this is of help