PDA

View Full Version : SEAT Service/Warranty

vwpolo888
22-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I bought my Leon from a SEAT dealer about a month ago and a few weeks after I picked it up I noticed a creaking noise coming from the rear suspension. You can also hear it when you rock the car from side to side. The car came with the standard 1 years SEAT used car warranty so I thought I better get them to check it out. When I booked the car in I asked if it’s something likely to be covered, the girl said if its wear and tear items like the bushes then it’s not covered and if I decided not to go ahead with the repairs then I will be liable to be charged for the time taken to inspect the car which is likely to be an hour at £70 + VAT! I’m just wondering what are people’s experiences of the SEAT warranty and should I be paying for the inspection if it’s not covered? Also, what are the like causes of noise coming from the rear suspension?

aBoijj
27-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Chief suspect in my experience, based on your description, would be the rear axle bushes.

vwpolo888
29-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Chief suspect in my experience, based on your description, would be the rear axle bushes.

Well it went in on monday and they couldnt find anything at fault. They did grease some suspension parts. There's no more noise now though. To me it could be that the grease is 'hiding' the problem. If its the axle bushes, is it still safe to drive and will it be expensive to fix?

aBoijj
29-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Lets put it this way, I drove my golf around for 3 years with knackered rear axle bushes until I realised what was causing the noise. I didn't get them replaced in the end as I decided to change the car.