PDA

View Full Version : Remaps and Chips

SpinneyA6
22-07-2009, 11:48 AM
I've seen a lot of adverts and sponsors for companies offering these. I've very little knowledge of them and was wondering:

What, if any, is the difference between what each of them offer?

Which would you recommend and why?

How do they effect your insurance?

Many thanks

motechmike
22-07-2009, 07:50 PM
what car do you have..

Check our site out under FAQ's might help

Thanks Mike

SpinneyA6
22-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks,

It's nice to see some honest answers.

I've a 2007 A6 3.0 V6 TDI. I see from your site it would cost about £499 for the remap.

What could I expect for that, an extra 40 - 45 BHP?

motechmike
22-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks,

It's nice to see some honest answers.

I've a 2007 A6 3.0 V6 TDI. I see from your site it would cost about £499 for the remap.

What could I expect for that, an extra 40 - 45 BHP?

ha ha u can pay £499 but we have an offer on runng with this site for £280 all in................. :biglaugh:

Yes a good 45hp , but the hole car is sharper, faster and better then it was before ..

We offer 14 days money back if ur not 100% happy !

Thanks Mike

shark_90
22-07-2009, 09:54 PM
There's another set of FAQs on our site, and there's 20% off the marked price in August.
www.sharkperformance.co.uk :beerchug:

Who's best? Well that's down to you to decide, I'd personally recommend Motech and RS Tuning as I know they're good guys.

motechmike
22-07-2009, 10:03 PM
wow !

dont often here that from other tuners !

Thanks Mike

shark_90
22-07-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm not like "other" tuners :)

TDI-Rob
22-07-2009, 11:30 PM
what price and power could you expect from a 98' A6 2.5tdi se?

thanks, also i would worry that it would be putting excess stress on the engine and gearbox (auto/mutitronic??)

after all the car is 11 years old, and it if when pop it really wouldn't be worth it.

what do you guys think?

sr-performance
22-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi mate,
A remap on your car will be down to how it's been serviced and maintained and how you feel about spending £280 to have it remapped. the age of the car is irrelevant it's the condition of it that will determine whether you have it done..
30bhp/55nm torque is what we remap these to.... :beerchug:

TDI-Rob
23-07-2009, 12:02 AM
well it seams in good condition, but i was basically asking if that extra power and torque would be putting extra stress on the engine and box (been an auto) Do these engine and boxes lap up the power or is it getting near to their popping point?

I know from previous turbo cars i've owned sticking 50/70 bhp extra into them would be no worries, but other cars don't like it so much.

sr-performance
23-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Hi mate, to be honest i'm not sure how much more the tdi can take, but if the remap is mapped a bit softer then you should be ok srevicing etc are maintained..
55nm of torque isn't a huge increase and as all our remaps are customised to suit, like most good tuners on here then they can be made a bit "softer" if your concerned.
Your year of audi would require the ecu out to have a new remapped chip fitted.
Hope that helps you mate.. :beerchug:

motechmike
23-07-2009, 10:50 AM
what price and power could you expect from a 98' A6 2.5tdi se?

thanks, also i would worry that it would be putting excess stress on the engine and gearbox (auto/mutitronic??)

after all the car is 11 years old, and it if when pop it really wouldn't be worth it.

what do you guys think?

Yours will need a re-chip too.. So ECU out !!

sr-performance
23-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Hiya mike,
I did put that in my reply.. :) I'll bet you just glanced at year of car?? I do it regular. just put it down to my age though..
Dont think i've said hello before so hello mate,,:beerchug:

motechmike
23-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Hiya mike,
I did put that in my reply.. :) I'll bet you just glanced at year of car?? I do it regular. just put it down to my age though..
Dont think i've said hello before so hello mate,,:beerchug:
Hey steve !

Do it to much lol !!!

U well ???

PM me if u like

Steve2.7T
24-07-2009, 09:15 PM
I've just had my A6 2.7T remapped and what a difference it's made. Its added an estimated 40hp, maybe a bit more, and lots of extra torques. Most importantly it pulls much harder from much lower down the rev range and drives just so much better, if that's possible! It's sharper, smoother and requires a much lighter throttle touch when just driving normally. Acceleration is improved significantly. So far fuel consumption is no worse and I'd expect it to be better on a longer journey (a lot of my driving is town and local)

Cost was £240 inc VAT with a 14 day money & old mapping back guarantee. The technician travelled to me (at work). It took about an hour.

I'd highyly recommend it! My boss had his Merc CLS320 diesel done at the same time!

http://www.ecu-remapping-service.com/

SpinneyA6
27-07-2009, 03:39 PM
There's another set of FAQs on our site, and there's 20% off the marked price in August.
www.sharkperformance.co.uk (http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk) :beerchug:

Who's best? Well that's down to you to decide, I'd personally recommend Motech and RS Tuning as I know they're good guys.

With the 20% discount this works out at about £280 aswell??

It looks as though everyone is a very similar price, I therefore assume everyone uses similar software?

motechmike
27-07-2009, 03:52 PM

It looks as though everyone is a very similar price, I therefore assume everyone uses similar software?

Not at all ! most have an in house tuner or get the maps in !

I know what we do ! ;)

sr-performance
27-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Same as mike says above, just prices are similar due to competition and cost's etc.... :beerchug:

shark_90
27-07-2009, 08:34 PM

Not necessarily, some people create their own maps, some buy them from other tuners and some are linked to a particular tuner. Pricing is similar due to competition :beerchug: