PDA

View Full Version : Multi-function Steering Wheel retrofit

morph
11-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi, all.

Anyone know if the multi-funtion steering wheel can be retro-fitted to the Passat. I have an '04 TDi130 and not having the radio controls on the steering column is the only thing I miss on this car - especially now that I have cruise control installed. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

regards

John :1zhelp:

Irri_Tant
27-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi, all.

Anyone know if the multi-funtion steering wheel can be retro-fitted to the Passat. I have an '04 TDi130 and not having the radio controls on the steering column is the only thing I miss on this car - especially now that I have cruise control installed. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

regards

John :1zhelp:

Just got my 05 Passat Highline & fitted cruise and the one thing I miss from my 98 plate Rover 420 GSDI is the radio controls on the steering wheel :(

snapdragon
27-09-2007, 11:06 PM
I too miss this from my R reg Vauxhall. I have a Passat with a lady's steering wheel. :mad: I have read up on this somewhere, I think you have to swap the positions of two wires in an airbag connector and fit a new contact ring, but that may have been when fitting a later B6 wheel (which also fits)

WesleyP
28-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Popular question! I asked exactly the same thing myself recently! Most if not all Passats you see advertised on Ebay USA seem to have the MF Wheel as standard (plus a very strange CD/Cassette player much bigger than any Euro fitments)

fysmd
20-03-2008, 01:18 PM
so can one be retrofitted then?

I have an 07 B6

picto
24-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I just had cruise retro fitted to my 02 passat.

I asked him about the steering wheel version i used to have on a previous 53 company car passat.

they said it was possible but that you couldnt get them new anymore so you would have to get it from a scrappers.

I can give you the name of the website of where i got my cruise done if i am allowed to put it on here.

picto
24-02-2009, 10:38 PM
so can one be retrofitted then?

I have an 07 B6

yes it can on a car this new

search for hazzydays on google you will find it

fysmd
26-02-2009, 02:34 PM
How easy (or otherwise) to self fit?

I assume I risk airbag issues if I try myself?
Will it just plug in and magicly control audio/satnav etc (I have no BT so dont need phone)

picto
26-02-2009, 02:40 PM
How easy (or otherwise) to self fit?

I assume I risk airbag issues if I try myself?
Will it just plug in and magicly control audio/satnav etc (I have no BT so dont need phone)
sorry i have no idea but i guess like my cruise control it will need connecting to computer to tell it what to do.

martin1810
26-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Knowing vw I very much doubt that the wireing will be present to retrofit the wheel. Probably need lots of new wires.