PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 Alarm Siren Not Working

Dips
11-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Hi I am new to the forum (which by the way is excellent). I have recently bought an Audi A3 1999 1.8 SE. I triggered the alarm just to test it (by sitting in it and locking myself in). The lights and indicators flashed but no sound from the siren! Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Niklock
12-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Hi i think i have a simillar problem on my 1.8T, the remote locks the doors and and flashes the lights, but i thought if the alarm goes off i need to know what it sounds like. I set the alarm and left it for a few mins then i opened the door with the key and started the engine........ NO SIREN anybody got any suggestions.

Dips
13-04-2007, 01:34 AM
I spoke to an Audi Dealership and they said for to diagnose the problem it will cost me approx £100 per hour! not including any parts and repairs that may be necessary depending on the fault! So I don't think i will be seeking their help in a hurry! I thought there might be a switch or key to turn siren on and off as with some cars. But i can't seem to find one anywhere so i guess im wrong.

yarhoo
13-04-2007, 01:56 PM
...i had a similar problem on my A3 2.0 FSI.
There was a button on my driver side door (inside the leading edge). if its there you'll see it when you open the door. It was pushed in which deactivated the interior alarm sensor.