PDA

View Full Version : wiring an amp in a mk4 TDI

bigwint
11-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Hey guys, I've been upgrading my sound system, and decided to put an amp in the boot.

Is there anyone who has done this and knows the best way to get the cables from the battery? Ive found a grommet, but not sure where it leads to. Also there is the space around the pollen filter where there may be a hole for a cable. (?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

cheers

ghee60
11-04-2007, 05:28 PM
best idea is to look where the loom for engine goes thru the bulk head from the engine bay then push a long screw driver thru the hole with the wires, then look under dashboard to see where the screwdriver is. If you can see it then great just feed the power cable thru.

Remember dont run the rca leads and power lead down the same side of the car!

Big_E
16-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Sorry to drag this one up, I hope you got sorted. My advise is, if you look on the bulkhead there is a rubber gromit which if you push a screw driver through the it, appears just behind the carpet under the passenger footwell, just behind the glove box.

Thats where I brought my power cable in, I ran that down then left hand side of the car, tucking it under the plastic trims ( which lift out with gentle persuasion with a flat blade driver ) I ran the Remote ( blue ) cable down the same side also. I did exactly the say with the RCA phono cables down the other side.

As for the Earth cable, I used a bolt on the metal work, in the inside of the little box where the First Aid kit is.

Bob's Yer Uncle.

bigwint
16-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Cheers for that, That is indeed exactly what i did in the end, its all now perfectly wired in and working like a dream!

Thank you for your post.

j

:beerchug: