PDA

View Full Version : Question Tow Hitch Prep 2

Bratty
21-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Just been told pick up car on Friday!!?!! It is an MY2010 model (not a converted 2009 model) it does not have Tow Hitch Prep fitted as per UK spec. Any tips on how to resolve a very long on-going saga of car purchasing in this respect? What would you ask for?:confused:

Dunk

vincentbob
22-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I assume it is your intention to have a towbar fitted, if so have you been explained the cost implications for a car without towbar preparation versus one with it.
They must be using up old stock of cooling fans etc..
My car was supposedly built last week, and I need to get a towbar fitted, so I am interested in what reason you have been given for why your car has been built to the pre MY2010 spec.

Bratty
22-07-2009, 01:44 PM
The vehicle is a MY2010 build week 22, it has just been forgotten to be added to the list for UK spec. The problem that I am anticipating is that it would be an expensive option to retro fit (close on a grand by Audi) and therefore potentially affects second hand value and potential confusion when trying to explain why the car that I am passing off as a MY2010 Uk spec car actually isnīt.
I have asked for rSAP cradle to be fitted in a form of compensation, just wondering how other Forum members would react.

Dunk

ScottyUK
22-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Am I missing something? :confused:

Why are you just not insisting that Audi put it to the spec it should be? If it's Ģ1k worth of work and they're offering you a cradle for a couple of hundred quid then my maths says it doesn't quite add up.

If you don't want the tow bar work done then I'd go for Ģ500 worth of servicing of something like that.

Bratty
22-07-2009, 07:12 PM
The prob is not the maths its the principle, Audi UK have been advised that my car was ordered as a 2009 model therefore I got the new model without having to pay the surcharge, be thankful!!
It would cost just under a grand for Audi to fit the Tow Bar complete, I know that the Tow Bar Preparation is still an option on the German market (which is where my LHD car originated and was up-speced to conform to the UK standard) I also know how much that option really is in Germany!
Plus I am travelling to pick the car on Friday and I do not want a third last minute cancellation! because believe it or not I ordered the car because I wanted it, as I have said before "Audi Good Cars" infiltrated by some ***** salespersonnel.

Dunk

onemanparty
22-07-2009, 07:16 PM
The prob is not the maths its the principle, Audi UK have been advised that my car was ordered as a 2009 model therefore I got the new model without having to pay the surcharge, be thankful!!
It would cost just under a grand for Audi to fit the Tow Bar complete, I know that the Tow Bar Preparation is still an option on the German market (which is where my LHD car originated and was up-speced to conform to the UK standard) I also know how much that option really is in Germany!
Plus I am travelling to pick the car on Friday and I do not want a third last minute cancellation! because believe it or not I ordered the car because I wanted it, as I have said before "Audi Good Cars" infiltrated by some ***** salespersonnel.

Dunk

I'm confused are you talking about the MY10 upgrade for Tow Bar prep or Factory fit tow bar as they are two different things. :confused:

Bratty
22-07-2009, 07:27 PM
No only the preparation.
Sorry its just been a long list of ****-ups and disappointments like I ordered my car 10th March etc. I am now the proud owner of two sets of xenon headlights!(Hope the ones that they have replaced still have the adaptive light function!!?!! **** I did not even think of asking that one!!)

Dunk

ScottyUK
23-07-2009, 12:21 AM
If you ordered and paid for a 2009 spec car then accept it and move on. You've got more than most with an almost 2010 spec car and a freebie cradle.

What do you want for nothing? OK it's not perfect but it is totally inline with the MY2010 document I posted.

Sorry.

Bratty
23-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Believe me I AM trying my hardest to pick up my vehicle, the cradle is what I have suggested it has not as yet been agreed by Audi yet, and I am about to get on a plane to hopefully pick the thing up after many administrative hiccups.
I then want to hopefully empty my e-mail cache of the many addresses with audi in the title, and enjoy the car that should have been delivered five weeks ago!
And believe me Scotty I put the info that you supplied reference the MY 2010 to maximum effect!:beerchug:

Cheers Dunk

ScottyUK
23-07-2009, 08:15 AM
So it everything else MY2010?

e.g. rear LEDs, mirrors, start stop (not sure if this is applicable) etc ?

Jop
23-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Honestly... I think you should lay down your guns.

So.. You ordered a 2009 and and are getting a 2010 only without the tow bar prep?!?
Did you spec towbar prep on your 2009 model?

Bratty
23-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Guns are laid down, cards are on the table, if this was the only issue then I would have the same opinion. But really this is only a minor irratation which I yet again I have had to raise and deal with personally, when I am thinking what the heck are the salesteam doing for their money. Answer :- Sweet FA. I had expected to order my car, clarify any outstanding issues regarding my options list, salesman assure me that he understands that request then orders the car. At the specified time (plus a week or two as a buffer!) pick the thing up and drive off into the sunset, a proud owner of a quality product. Instead in the last throws off its death I am told that the salesperson had no right to assure the things that he did and I have to put up with it!

On the bright side I pick the car up tomorrow, hopefully all will be well:(.

Dunk (I knew the risks, its my own fault ;))

Jop
23-07-2009, 09:16 AM
You should get the BBC's Dominic Littlewood to sort it out for you. I've not yet seen him fail.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/resources/images/585605/?type=display
Dont get done.. get DOM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Get_Done,_Get_Dom)

Apply NOW:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/beonashow/get_dom.shtml

Bratty
23-07-2009, 09:36 AM
****** Death!!! thats the guy who took my order initially!!! SPOOKY

Dunk