PDA

View Full Version : Wrapped Car Colour?

magician
20-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Saw a add on piston heads for a RS4 white.well it was really phamtom black but had been wrapped in white> Kooked very nice.
Anyone had this done and any suggestions as I would not mind getting my car to a white.
Thanks,
Magician

bez101
20-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Saw a add on piston heads for a RS4 white.well it was really phamtom black but had been wrapped in white> Kooked very nice.
Anyone had this done and any suggestions as I would not mind getting my car to a white.
Thanks,
Magician
id say if u want a white car 2 choices buy 1 or respray
the wrap looks ok but not ment to last that long and would u realy want a vinal car

urbanaspect
21-07-2009, 11:36 AM
I was in Bradford recently and saw an A5 in Matt black outside a 'wrapping' company.

Apparently Matt black is the new white, is the new black, is the new white............

kodkod.84
21-07-2009, 01:12 PM
When I read this thread I had visions of cars sitting there with all the plastic protection film like you get pre-delivery when the cars are transported lol

Flakmunky
22-07-2009, 11:55 AM
White was only cool when the car in question was a 3 door Mk 5 Golf GTI.

5 door GTIs and any other car in white looks like the owner really wanted a 3 door Golf GTI but their wife wouldn't let them...

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/forum/smileyvault-flamewar.gif http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/forum/smileyvault-popcorn.gif

CDPDesign
08-11-2009, 10:35 PM
It would be alright if you could get the vinyl off quickly- just imagine, get a tail from the rossers, loose them, park up, peel all the vinyl off, bin it, turn round and pass them whilst waving in a different colour car! - priceless! lol :beerchug::outtahere

neil w
10-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Most wraps have a lifespan of at least 2 to 3 years . Our local ambulance service wrap their focus estate rapid response cars from new in flourescent yellow and then battenberg them on top of the wrap (cheaper than painting plus when it comes to sell they aren't a crap colour and it's easier to remove as the battenberg's glue is on the wrap not the paintwork)

Bratty
10-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Wrapping in Germany is quite common, most prevelant Matt Black and Matt White. Mostly Porsche Cayenne, Bmw X6 etc, fact is it protects the paint underneath, it is ONLY a fashion statement! ie. go boring Grey you know you can sell it on!! But have white because your stylest has recommended it!! But You Can Have almost ANY colour or look! Carbon, Aluminium, Poison Green etc. etc. and at the end you peel the foil of your BLING mobile and sell it on to a london proffessional.

Dunk.

Bratty
10-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Oh and what is not a good point, the wrappers cannot cover everything ie insides of the body where the door meets, so your very badly specced MINT GREEN!!!! Porsche 911 is now Matt Black, Very cool, you open the door and the bit round the frame is still mint green (a bit like an after Eight Mint!)

Dunk

Rusk
11-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Whats the cost of wrapping a B7 A4?

PMJ1
17-11-2009, 12:21 AM
I would imagine its not far off a respray cost...

CDPDesign
17-11-2009, 09:37 AM
I spoke to Ventureshield, the company that wrap cars with that protective film, and to do a full car wrap was about £2300+ if my memory serves me correct, so I guess a full car wrap with vinyl will be gettin on to that sort or price, unless you have a mate in the trade!

One thing I have come across is a company based in York that will re-cover your car seats in leather in a colour of your choice for about £700 to £1100 depending on the leather chosen. they do all the top footballers cars and can re-trim almost anything in your car....

PMJ1
22-11-2009, 11:41 PM
I am thinking if it would be worth contacting a company... was thinking about havving the silver windscreen frame and the boot / roof cover warpped to match the rest od the car instead of silver...

bigboyden
23-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi try this link they will be able to give you a price for a wrap, it looks like they have done so cool stuff..
http://www.ad-wrap.co.uk/:approve: