PDA

View Full Version : Daytime rear light?

Predikanten
20-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I have noticed something on my car that i seem quite strange, im wondering if this is something that all of you experience?

When i have the light switch in the "0" position i have the two inner front lights functioning as they should. However, in this position the rear lights are totally OFF. This is not how it functioned on my A3 2004 that i had earlier. In the "0"-position both front and rear lights were ON.

It seems unlogical that this should be nominal, this should be the position to have the switch in during daytime when you dont need the instrument lighting to be on etc.

Do you all experience the same?

netherfield
20-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Just the same.

Robbie G
20-07-2009, 12:07 PM
So when the dial is set to '0' the lights (apart from the mandatory DRLs) are off...seems logical to me? What's the issue?

kodkod.84
20-07-2009, 01:45 PM
The set-up of DRLs has now changed from the past. Gone are the Volvos you see with front and rear lights on all the time. DRLs are now increasingly front lights only, saves energy, saves the environment supposedly. Also this is why they are using LEDs more now as they use less power, not just because it looks cooler.