PDA

View Full Version : Retrofit Storage Pack to Mk 6

jonfun21
20-07-2009, 09:25 AM
More specifcially is it possible to simply buy the underseat draws or do you have to get them fitted by a dealer?

Having had the car for 3 months now it seems a bit short on storage space and had I factory ordered I would have selected this.

Thanks,

Jon

dieselduncmk6
10-08-2009, 08:27 PM
a late response - but may still be of some use?

Due to 'ahem' a hiccup by my dearler, my factory ordered storage pack did not in fact get ordered; and ommission was only noticed the day before I picked her up.

However, they have got all the bits in and are fitting them this week. I think the seats have to come out to do this - so that may mean you want to get a dealer to do it, if you decide to go for it, as it'll likely involve disconnecting the airbag wiring.

Cheers,
Dunc.

Ben
10-08-2009, 08:55 PM
its easy enough to fit them your self, i fitted mine in my mk5. I bet its the same in the mk6

rgarner
10-08-2009, 09:44 PM
its easy enough to fit them your self, i fitted mine in my mk5. I bet its the same in the mk6
That's good news. If only I could similarly retrofit ACC :)

jonfun21
11-08-2009, 05:28 PM
If you get this done could you post the details and cost on here; I am also debating getting this done if its not massively expensive.

Thanks,

Jon

Ben
11-08-2009, 09:59 PM
If you get this done could you post the details and cost on here; I am also debating getting this done if its not massively expensive.

Thanks,

Jon

ACC or the drawers?

Nightowl4933
11-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Whose drawers :Blush:

jonfun21
12-08-2009, 02:27 PM
The draws :-)

james_tiger_woo
12-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Must. Not. Lower. The. Tone. Further.....

I'm not bothered about the under chair drawers, but I'd like the under-the-parcel shelf thing :)

Nightowl4933
12-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Ah, you mean the fish net thing :p

Ben
12-08-2009, 10:26 PM
The draws :-)
if i recall correctly, you should be able to buy the drawers for ~£100. I would expect some change.

p3asa
12-08-2009, 10:31 PM
£100?
My god its only £65 as an option and that's them installing it as well.

james_tiger_woo
13-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Ah, you mean the fish net thing :p

That's the one - Fishnets. The storage thing, of course :)

p3asa
16-08-2009, 03:35 PM
a late response - but may still be of some use?

Due to 'ahem' a hiccup by my dearler, my factory ordered storage pack did not in fact get ordered; and ommission was only noticed the day before I picked her up.

However, they have got all the bits in and are fitting them this week. I think the seats have to come out to do this - so that may mean you want to get a dealer to do it, if you decide to go for it, as it'll likely involve disconnecting the airbag wiring.

Cheers,
Dunc.

Dunc did you get this fitted?

dieselduncmk6
16-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Dunc did you get this fitted?

Well, sort of! Getting there.

The drawers under the seats are now in, and they are fine. However, the dealer has not been able to get the parcel shelf yet (the ordered one 'turned up in the wrong colour') and, ahem (again) they didn't even realise there is supposed to be a floor storage net until I pointed it out to them! Sheesh!! It's described in the bleedin brochure...:mad:

These bits should be arriving this week at some point.

The drawers are actually rather handy, and are lined like the door bins are to reduce noise from stuff rolling about. They have proper closing catch too so they can't just slide open unwanted.

Cheers,
Dunc.

jonfun21
17-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Dunc,

Can I ask how much you paid for the draws and fitting?

Thanks,

Jon

dieselduncmk6
17-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Dunc,

Can I ask how much you paid for the draws and fitting?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon - this was factory ordered with the car - so £65 for the Storage Pack option. Thing is, dealer forgot to put in on the order system, so they're (slowly) retrofitting it all.

Cheers,
Dunc.

jonfun21
18-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks Dunc, given they seem to be able to retrofit it may go and ask for a price just for the draws

dieselduncmk6
18-08-2009, 06:18 PM
yeah - shouuld be doable. THey are quite small, but I find them rather useful. Can't have too much cabin stowage.

Dunc.

jinjin
21-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Jon - this was factory ordered with the car - so £65 for the Storage Pack option. Thing is, dealer forgot to put in on the order system, so they're (slowly) retrofitting it all.

Cheers,
Dunc.

after reading your issue with the storage pack going missing I made sure i checked my car thoroughly on picking it up today... and guess what.. yup they forgot to put the storage pack on the order! The dealer tried to fob me off with an excuse saying that as I ordered the leather seats, the storage pack probably didnt fit underneath due to teh heated seat... told them that it was nonsense and if that was the case why I was charged? They've admitted to it being a mistake and will order them and retro fit.

The only problem I have is that I went via a broker and the dealer is 90 miles away. The dealer has said they will get someone to drive down and pick my car up, drive it back, fit the parts and drop it back to me.. supposedly all in one day!

I just want to make sure they order all the correct parts as I dont want them to have to repeat this process if they miss anything!

Dunc - can you confirm what exaclty should be included with the storage pack.. i have it as :-

- driver and passenger under seat drawers
- parcel shelf net - for this is it a completly new shelf of do they fit to the existing?
- boot floor net

no other bits i;ve missed out is there?

ps - they also didnt have an ipod cable until I asked.. they then said it they don't come as standard but will give me one!.. the cheek.. but didn't moan too much as I had it.

I'm also missing the bottle opener-come-cup holder seperator.. I'm assuming people got this with theirs?

p3asa
21-08-2009, 07:43 PM
The ipod and usb cable are standard on the GT models now.

Personally I would rather drive the 90 miles down myself than have some technician booting the car 180 miles there and back!!

dieselduncmk6
21-08-2009, 08:17 PM
after reading your issue with the storage pack going missing I made sure i checked my car thoroughly on picking it up today... and guess what.. yup they forgot to put the storage pack on the order! The dealer tried to fob me off with an excuse saying that as I ordered the leather seats, the storage pack probably didnt fit underneath due to teh heated seat... told them that it was nonsense and if that was the case why I was charged? They've admitted to it being a mistake and will order them and retro fit.

The only problem I have is that I went via a broker and the dealer is 90 miles away. The dealer has said they will get someone to drive down and pick my car up, drive it back, fit the parts and drop it back to me.. supposedly all in one day!

I just want to make sure they order all the correct parts as I dont want them to have to repeat this process if they miss anything!

Dunc - can you confirm what exaclty should be included with the storage pack.. i have it as :-

- driver and passenger under seat drawers
- parcel shelf net - for this is it a completly new shelf of do they fit to the existing?
- boot floor net

no other bits i;ve missed out is there?

ps - they also didnt have an ipod cable until I asked.. they then said it they don't come as standard but will give me one!.. the cheek.. but didn't moan too much as I had it.

I'm also missing the bottle opener-come-cup holder seperator.. I'm assuming people got this with theirs?

Hi Jin Jin,

Yep - pack consists of the drawers / luggage net on the floor / luggage net under the parcel shelf. It's part of the shelf - and not a screw on - so they'll swap yours. I'm still not sorted (now 3 weeks since I picked up the car) and moaned to them again today.

FYI - (allegedly) there is an issue with the parcel shelf, as some that were delivered were boxed and labelled as Titan Grey - but when opened were a paler colour. Just forewarning you - you might want to make your dealer aware of this.

ALso - both cables and teh bottle opener are standard parts of the car - and always wree from when teh first brochures were available - despie what any dealer may tell you to the contrary. You'd think they'd wise up these days that us lot can share info so readily (and good job too by the sounds of it).

P.S. where's is your dealer? Surely it couldn't be the same dealer who forgot to order mine coudl it?? (I'm near Arundel in Sussex btw - but got car from 'near the A3, just north of Butser Hill').

jinjin
21-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi Jin Jin,

Yep - pack consists of the drawers / luggage net on the floor / luggage net under the parcel shelf. It's part of the shelf - and not a screw on - so they'll swap yours. I'm still not sorted (now 3 weeks since I picked up the car) and moaned to them again today.

FYI - (allegedly) there is an issue with the parcel shelf, as some that were delivered were boxed and labelled as Titan Grey - but when opened were a paler colour. Just forewarning you - you might want to make your dealer aware of this.

ALso - both cables and teh bottle opener are standard parts of the car - and always wree from when teh first brochures were available - despie what any dealer may tell you to the contrary. You'd think they'd wise up these days that us lot can share info so readily (and good job too by the sounds of it).

P.S. where's is your dealer? Surely it couldn't be the same dealer who forgot to order mine coudl it?? (I'm near Arundel in Sussex btw - but got car from 'near the A3, just north of Butser Hill').

thanks for the info, I'll make sure the dealer knows exactly what to order.

My dealer is in Swindon.. seems like these "mistakes" are wide spread ;)

dieselduncmk6
25-08-2009, 06:55 PM
thanks for the info, I'll make sure the dealer knows exactly what to order.

My dealer is in Swindon.. seems like these "mistakes" are wide spread ;)
Jin Jin,

I have still not got mine, and was told today that there is a problem in Germany with the parcel shelf/net combo. Apparantly the whole lbatch Wolfsburg have in house at the moment are of incorrect colour - although labelled on boxes (presumably by their supplier) with the correct colour.

Just wanted to pass on, as you may receive incorrect colour one if they order it currently.

Chhers,
Dunc.

Alabama978
26-08-2009, 10:35 AM
The cables issue continues. When I picked mine up this week the same scenario. The dealer insisted that the only cable that came with the car was the USB. I told him that both were supplies as standard. He hesitated for a while then shot off to the service department and a few minutes later came back with the IPOD cable. He said that the service department had no cables available and they were on back order but he gave me the cable from his car. I'm pretty sure he was honest about it and did give me his cable, but I reckon that somewhere in the production process there is a shortage of IPOD cables.

ralferoo
26-08-2009, 08:35 PM
The cables issue continues. When I picked mine up this week the same scenario. The dealer insisted that the only cable that came with the car was the USB. I told him that both were supplies as standard. He hesitated for a while then shot off to the service department and a few minutes later came back with the IPOD cable. He said that the service department had no cables available and they were on back order but he gave me the cable from his car. I'm pretty sure he was honest about it and did give me his cable, but I reckon that somewhere in the production process there is a shortage of IPOD cables.
I just spoke to my dealer today and got a date of 14th September for collection. I also pre-emptively mentioned the ipod cable and he said that they don't come as standard but they're free to order if you order in advance of collection. He also said that nobody who's bought the car of him so far was actually expecting the cable, which I find odd as the booklet specifically says you get both. The annoying thing is that the cable probably costs around 50p to a quid to make and given the cost of the car it's just idle penny pinching trying to charge extra for it...

dieselduncmk6
26-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I just spoke to my dealer today and got a date of 14th September for collection. I also pre-emptively mentioned the ipod cable and he said that they don't come as standard but they're free to order if you order in advance of collection. He also said that nobody who's bought the car of him so far was actually expecting the cable, which I find odd as the booklet specifically says you get both. The annoying thing is that the cable probably costs around 50p to a quid to make and given the cost of the car it's just idle penny pinching trying to charge extra for it...

When I picked up my car, my dealer told me they DO come with the car, and any other dealer who says otherwise is either misinformed / trying it on or just plain ly...

Nightowl4933
27-08-2009, 08:01 PM
When I picked up my car, my dealer told me they DO come with the car, and any other dealer who says otherwise is either misinformed / trying it on or just plain ly...

Because I subscribed to these forums (before I ordered my car) I specifically asked for the iPod lead. I was told the USB lead is standard, but the iPod or other specific lead, is an additional option, but they provided it for free.

Funny thing is the dealer in Swindon is the same as where I bought mine from in Bristol - Heritage.

I'm not sure why these are so expensive, though!

dieselduncmk6
27-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Because I subscribed to these forums (before I ordered my car) I specifically asked for the iPod lead. I was told the USB lead is standard, but the iPod or other specific lead, is an additional option, but they provided it for free.

Funny thing is the dealer in Swindon is the same as where I bought mine from in Bristol - Heritage.

I'm not sure why these are so expensive, though!

OK - sorry fro rant - and not aimed at you, but for anyone else about to pick up their car:

When going to collect car, ask dealer for a Golf brochure - or take your along. Go to description of MDI, or GT spec or SE spec. Wave the following sentence form teh brochure under his nose ".....MDI.....with USB and iPOD cables...." You may have to explain the concept of plurals; also possibly give dictionary description of 'and.'

If they still B*l((s%^t you - call VW customer services while he waits! Seriously folks - they are taking you for a ride, and quite possibly falling foul of the sale of goods act, unless they indicate in a new bulletin or borchure that the sepc has changed since you ordered the car.

Right - glad I've got that off my chest. :Blush:

jonfun21
27-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Have to agree with the sentiments above this is an absolute farce given how much you are paying for the car....someone should forward the number of threads on this here to VW customer services ideally.

JoseSpring
27-08-2009, 10:52 PM
This link should help to resolve ipod cable issues:-
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=403124#post403124
Check post #16.

Might be best to continue cable discussions there and leave this thread for discussion on retrofitting the storage pack! ;-)

jinjin
28-08-2009, 07:56 AM
This link should help to resolve ipod cable issues:-
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=403124#post403124
Check post #16.

Might be best to continue cable discussions there and leave this thread for discussion on retrofitting the storage pack! ;-)

on that note.. I'm still waiting for my dealer to get the parts in to retro fit the pack. according to him there seems to be a number of parts needed which a few are on back order. He was hoping to be getting these next week.

dieselduncmk6
28-08-2009, 09:29 AM
on that note.. I'm still waiting for my dealer to get the parts in to retro fit the pack. according to him there seems to be a number of parts needed which a few are on back order. He was hoping to be getting these next week.

Hi Jin Jin - ma again.

Make sure they get the 'clips' that make the drawers more steady - they are under teh back of the seat somewhere (my dealer didn't realise these were needed when they ordered the drawers). I've already mentioned the parcel shelf issue - which remains ongoing.

And latest thing - was at last given a luggage net - but I think it may not be the right one, as it does not match description in the handbook.....:mad:

Dunc.

polo2002
28-08-2009, 10:31 PM

Can you tell me where you got your storage bins for your mkv, are they available through the dealers and how much are they roughly? Thanks

jinjin
16-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Hey dunc - you get anywhere with your storage pack?

I gave up waiting for the dealer to get the parts and didn't want to deal with the hastle of the car going back to Swindon so the dealer can fit it.

least they were prompt on returning me a cheque for a refund!

ralferoo
17-09-2009, 06:30 AM
I gave up waiting for the dealer to get the parts and didn't want to deal with the hastle of the car going back to Swindon so the dealer can fit it.
Jinjin, if it's any consolation when I inspected the Golf on Monday I was quite surprised how diminutive the storage pack actually was. The nets will probably prove to be useful, but probably not much more than the collapsible crates I had in my old car (about £3 each from supermarkets, B&Q etc). The "storage drawers" in particular are pretty tiny. Useful for the odd thing, but a lot smaller than I expected. Not measured them as I left the car at the dealership for them to sort out the paintwork, but I'd estimate each one at maybe half the size of the glovebox.

dieselduncmk6
18-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Hey dunc - you get anywhere with your storage pack?

least they were prompt on returning me a cheque for a refund!

Hi,

My drawers were fitted, and I have the luggage net now. Still waiting on the parcel shelf though..............but I have been on weeks hols (and car was great fun whisking about the Lake District) and not phoned the dealer again yet.

Dunc.

percymon
23-09-2009, 06:07 PM
For those contemplating fitting drawers, this is a very good DIY article for the MkV models, which shouldn't be any diferent i don't expect..

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2228

percymon
23-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I'd recommend running through this parts list with your delaer before buying the bits, just to double check the items required, especially if only fitting one drawer to one seat..

The part numbers for the bits that you will need do for this mission are as follows;-

1K0 882 599 B9B9 - RIGHT SEAT DRAWER FRAME.
1K0 882 600 B9B9 - LEFT SEAT DRAWER FRAME.

1K0 882 601 J71N - RIGHT SEAT DRAWER.
1K0 882 602 J71N - LEFT SEAT DRAWER.

1K0 881 547 A - L SHAPED BRACKET.
1K0 881 548 A - L SHAPED BRACKET.

6Q0 882 331 - RUBBER BUFFERS X 4.

N909 998 01 - TORX SCREWS X 8.

N900 978 02 - RIVETS X 4.

6Q0 881 203 - GUIDE PIECES X 6