PDA

View Full Version : VW are out to rip people off, YET AGAIN!

Dave B
18-07-2009, 04:16 PM
VW are putting up prices yet again in August.

After trying to fob people off that the mark 6 golf is new and 3 price increases in the space of a few months I hope they go bust it would serve the greedy ba*****s right.

No wounder we are called treasure island.

By the way don't go near Dutton Forshaw preston...awful!

djradium
18-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Polishes his shiny golf he ordered in feb (pre price rise) ;)

ptolemy
18-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Loads of car makers are putting up their prices. Ford are about the worst offender so far this year.......

Dave B
18-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Loads of car makers are putting up their prices. Ford are about the worst offender so far this year.......

Theres a recession believe it or not cars aren't selling, so whats the answer put up the prices?

I hope they all go bust!

Dave B
18-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Ford are about the worst offender so far this year.......

Are they selling any more cars? NO........................! You can put up prices weekly it doesn't mean people will buy.

Maybe the answer is to build 1 car a year and sell it for several million.....now why didn't the bean counters at VW think of that.

Dave B
18-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Polishes his shiny golf he ordered in feb (pre price rise) ;)

Luck you

djradium
18-07-2009, 04:55 PM
There is a recession on and the main reason why car sales are down is not because of the increases in car prices, its because of the unknown job security that comes with a recession, thus the downward spiral buying confidence.

If you have the money to buy a car now and you feel relatively secure in your job to make major purchases you will regardless of these increases.

I specced my GT i bought for just over £19k a few months ago on the german vw configurator and it came to the equivalent of £27k!

I look at myself, i have my mortgage and i am actually a lot better off now than 12-18m ago, my mortgage interest rates are down, therefore i have more money available. I suspect this is probably the same for a lot of the country.

Again, its job security that has knocked the sales of cars.

Dave B
18-07-2009, 05:15 PM
There is a recession on and the main reason why car sales are down is not because of the increases in car prices, its because of the unknown job security that comes with a recession, thus the downward spiral buying confidence.

If you have the money to buy a car now and you feel relatively secure in your job to make major purchases you will regardless of these increases.

I specced my GT i bought for just over £19k a few months ago on the german vw configurator and it came to the equivalent of £27k!

I look at myself, i have my mortgage and i am actually a lot better off now than 12-18m ago, my mortgage interest rates are down, therefore i have more money available. I suspect this is probably the same for a lot of the country.

Again, its job security that has knocked the sales of cars.

I paid my mortgage off years ago and my savings are being used to support people who over stretch themselves with credit.
I want rates back upto 15%! ...................and let the over stretched muppets sink

If job security has knocked car sales what will increasing the prices do?

You may feel secure now but wait for the tax rises in waiting to start hitting you..............

djradium
18-07-2009, 05:34 PM
If job security has knocked car sales what will increasing the prices do?

To help offset the burden of the weak pound against the euro. As i said the car i got for 19k costs over 27k in germany. For every car they sell in germany to every car they sell over here they are making 8k less (at the time when i used the configurator).

Also, as i said, if you have the money to buy the car then you will regardless of the increases (1-5% i guess?). If you suddenly are unable to afford the car with those increases then you are not really financially in the position to buy the car anyway.

Dave B
18-07-2009, 05:49 PM
To help offset the burden of the weak pound against the euro. As i said the car i got for 19k costs over 27k in germany. For every car they sell in germany to every car they sell over here they are making 8k less (at the time when i used the configurator).

Also, as i said, if you have the money to buy the car then you will regardless of the increases (1-5% i guess?). If you suddenly are unable to afford the car with those increases then you are not really financially in the position to buy the car anyway.

The Golf is nothing more than a small hatch back with a large price tag and with each successive model becomes more cheap looking.

I could buy the car 3 times over and still have cash to spare, I don't like getting ripped off.

If the pound goes up against the euro will prices drop?..I doubt it

The mk 6 is cheaper to build so I don't think VW are making a loss, more like greedy bean counters at work...............................!

HHGTTG
18-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm sort of in the same boat. I don't have a mortgage but I have a pensioner's income and savings and would like to see the interest rates go up considerably so that I can keep on buying things (cars etc.) by spending the interest on my money, which, at the moment is laughable and will mean I can no longer think of keep on buying new cars in the future.

Dave B
18-07-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm sort of in the same boat. I don't have a mortgage but I have a pensioner's income and savings and would like to see the interest rates go up considerably so that I can keep on buying things (cars etc.) by spending the interest on my money, which, at the moment is laughable and will mean I can no longer think of keep on buying new cars in the future.

We are in the same boat, although I'm not a pensioner yet. We have become nothing more than a cash cow for the overstretched and reckless.

djradium
18-07-2009, 06:07 PM
The Golf is nothing more than a small hatch back with a large price tag and with each successive model becomes more cheap looking.

Thats your opinion, but i think its by far the best looking golf to date. After test driving all the other equivalent hatches before my purchase, it is also by far the best in its class. (my opinion)

I could buy the car 3 times over and still have cash to spare, I don't like getting ripped off.

Lucky you, your epeen has grown +1

Question is, do you have a mk6 golf?, are you even looking to get a mark 6 golf? or are you just whining on an internet forum ?

If the pound goes up against the euro will prices drop?..I doubt it

Probably not, but they'll more than likely stagnate for longer, that 8k difference is a lot.

The mk 6 is cheaper to build so I don't think VW are making a loss, more like greedy bean counters at work...............................!

At the end of the day neither you or I have the full picture why they are increasing prices, its just rather naive to state that they are out to rip us off without knowing the full facts. It also makes little sense or shows any maturity to even start a thread like this to state such. I would have expected such from a teenager, but not from someone in their advancing years (presuming so as you have paid your mortgate off ;) ).

MalcQV
18-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Are they selling any more cars? NO........................! You can put up prices weekly it doesn't mean people will buy.

Maybe the answer is to build 1 car a year and sell it for several million.....now why didn't the bean counters at VW think of that.

Veyron :p

Seriously if you think you are being ripped off don't buy it.

I am considering a loan to buy another car, I still have a mortgage too and I don't care because who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Dave B
18-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Thats your opinion, but i think its by far the best looking golf to date. After test driving all the other equivalent hatches before my purchase, it is also by far the best in its class. (my opinion)

Lucky you, your epeen has grown +1

Question is, do you have a mk6 golf?, are you even looking to get a mark 6 golf? or are you just whining on an internet forum ?

Probably not, but they'll more than likely stagnate for longer, that 8k difference is a lot.

At the end of the day neither you or I have the full picture why they are increasing prices, its just rather naive to state that they are out to rip us off without knowing the full facts. It also makes little sense or shows any maturity to even start a thread like this to state such. I would have expected such from a teenager, but not from someone in their advancing years (presuming so as you have paid your mortgate off ;) ).

1. No I don't have a mk 6. Unreliabilty with a Golf mk3, Golf mk4 and a polo convinced me that VW live on the past glories.

2. No I am not whinning just giving my opinion.

3.I paid my mortgage off when I was in my middle 30's in the hope a few years later I would be able to change my car more often. Unfortunately I didn't realise Brown the clown would have it ear marked for redistribution among the reckless and greedy.

4.I stand by my rip off statement.

5.Whats is an epeen? Sorry to show my aging years

MalcQV
18-07-2009, 06:30 PM
1. No I don't have a mk 6. Unreliabilty with a Golf mk3, Golf mk4 and a polo convinced me that VW live on the past glories.

2. No I am not whinning just giving my opinion.

3.I paid my mortgage off when I was in my middle 30's in the hope a few years later I would be able to change my car more often. Unfortunately I didn't realise Brown the clown would have it ear marked for redistribution among the reckless and greedy.

4.I stand by my rip off statement.

5.Whats is an epeen? Sorry to show my aging years

:beerchug:

Alabama978
18-07-2009, 07:00 PM
VW are faring better than a lot of other manufacturers at present boosted by the scrappage scheme in Germany which has been very successful because unlike some of the rip off dealers in UK the German people actually get a straight 2500 Eur deal with no massaging the actual car prices by the dealer.

VW will alway stay successful because despite the comments about cheap trim etc driving a VW remains a very pleasurable and comfortable driving experience :D

onemanparty
18-07-2009, 07:21 PM
VW are putting up prices yet again in August.

After trying to fob people off that the mark 6 golf is new and 3 price increases in the space of a few months I hope they go bust it would serve the greedy ba*****s right.

No wounder we are called treasure island.

By the way don't go near Dutton Forshaw preston...awful!

Car Prices are rising due to the EURO Vs the Pound. GB or Treasure Island has gone from the most Profitable Island to the Worst for all MFR's since October last year.

I do not see the prices falling.

5% increase from VW so far and 12.5% from Ford. So is it that bad

Ben
18-07-2009, 07:40 PM
earlier in this thread someone stated the vw are putting up prices.

VAT is set to return to 17.5% later this year.

will vw then advertise that their prices will be held at 15% or they will pay the 2.5% difference for a short time, when actually most people will have not noticed the price increase in the 1st place.

keithwigley
18-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Don't know if there are many new Mk 5 Golfs left on the car supermarket forecourts , but I bought a new, unregistered GTI 2.0 DSG specced at £24k+, for a pound under £16k just two months ago. Bit fast for me, but the wife likes it.

Maybe worth a trawl through the newpaper and internet ads?

ross980
18-07-2009, 08:09 PM

).

I have to agree. I really didn't want to like the Golf and only test drove it on a whim. Having driven various Focusses (Foci?), Civics, Kuga and numerous other cars the Golf stood out. I'm just waiting for mine to arrive now...

Dave B - I don't understand the problem, surely if you ordered one now you wouldn't have to pay the price increase and if you don't want one anyway then why does it matter to you what VW do with the prices?:confused:

netherfield
18-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Making up for what's gone on the scrappage scheme

onemanparty
18-07-2009, 09:02 PM
earlier in this thread someone stated the vw are putting up prices.

VAT is set to return to 17.5% later this year.

will vw then advertise that their prices will be held at 15% or they will pay the 2.5% difference for a short time, when actually most people will have not noticed the price increase in the 1st place.

I think VAT will increase to 19% as the Government never confirmed what it would go back to 17.5%

Watch this space I hope I am wrong

nebw
19-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Given (i) the huge drop in the GBP/EUR exchange rate over the last year and (ii) manufacturers scaling production levels right back, I am amazed that GBP prices haven't risen much faster. Just as VW struggled to make money selling cars in the US, I doubt they're making any money selling in the UK now and are doing it just to maintain market presence in the hope that things will improve.

DaveB, if you want to vent at someone, here's the address of the bloke who let the UK banking system and public sector borrowing run out of control at the same time and caused the value of sterling to plummet and unemployment to start soaring:

Mr G.Brown, 10 Downing St, London

Ask him if he's put the kettle on and got some decent biscuits in, because I hear the IMF are planning to pop in for a chat fairly soon.

machine
20-07-2009, 11:01 AM
VW are faring better than a lot of other manufacturers at present boosted by the scrappage scheme in Germany which has been very successful because unlike some of the rip off dealers in UK the German people actually get a straight 2500 Eur deal with no massaging the actual car prices by the dealer.

VW will alway stay successful because despite the comments about cheap trim etc driving a VW remains a very pleasurable and comfortable driving experience :D

The dealers in Germany don't have to massage their prices because their government is funding the full cost of the scrapage scheme and not half like here.

netherfield
20-07-2009, 11:02 AM
With a bit of luck he will be made redundant before long.

ptolemy
20-07-2009, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=Dave B;386537]I paid my mortgage off years ago and my savings are being used to support people who over stretch themselves with credit.
I want rates back upto 15%! ...................and let the over stretched muppets sink

QUOTE]

By "overstretched muppets" we are surely referring to those reckless institutions providing the credit who have now survived only thanks to our cash.....

Dave B
21-07-2009, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=Dave B;386537]I paid my mortgage off years ago and my savings are being used to support people who over stretch themselves with credit.

QUOTE]

By "overstretched muppets" we are surely referring to those reckless institutions providing the credit who have now survived only thanks to our cash.....
Reckless institutions and reckless people.

You can't blame the brewery's for all the alcoholics.

When I was paying my mortgage it went up to over 16%, no one bailed me out.

onemanparty
21-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Reckless institutions and reckless people.

You can't blame the brewery's for all the alcoholics.

When I was paying my mortgage it went up to over 16%, no one bailed me out.

I still have 15 years left on my mortgage and no one is going to bail me out if the interest rate rises. But then I'm not reckless or do you think most of us are!!!

Dave B
21-07-2009, 08:43 PM
I still have 15 years left on my mortgage and no one is going to bail me out if the interest rate rises. But then I'm not reckless or do you think most of us are!!!

Yo know exactly the people I'm talking about!

onemanparty
21-07-2009, 09:00 PM
You know exactly the people I'm talking about!

You mean the ones that Banks just lent to much money too and are finding it difficult to pay back.

Education is what these people need not being put on the scrap heap because then we will all have to pay for them as you said

Dave B
21-07-2009, 09:21 PM
You mean the ones that Banks just lent to much money too and are finding it difficult to pay back.

Education is what these people need not being put on the scrap heap because then we will all have to pay for them as you said

You've hit the nail on the head. As much as I deplore what the banks have done people have to exercise a little self control.