PDA

View Full Version : TPM Proves its worth

elidag
17-07-2009, 03:08 PM
The Tyre pressure warning light come on in the golf on wednesday. I pulled over to check the tyres but none of them were flat so I went to a garage and checked the pressures. One of them was low and on further inspection I found a screw stuck in the tread near the sidewall. Pumped up the tyre and rang round for some tyre quotes and got it changed today. Great to see that the system works and I would recommend it as a great option to fit to any of the golfs where it is not standard as it only costs £35.

Robbie G
17-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Good to hear it elidag. An important safety feature I think.

On a separate note, how are you finding the paddles? Are they the same quality / feel / size as was on the MkV? Do you use them much?

My GT avec paddles is coming Tuesday and the waiting is killing me!

elidag
17-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Good to hear it elidag. An important safety feature I think.

On a separate note, how are you finding the paddles? Are they the same quality / feel / size as was on the MkV? Do you use them much?

My GT avec paddles is coming Tuesday and the waiting is killing me!

Sorry cannot comment on how the paddles compare to to MkV as I have never driven one. I use the paddles to get round situation that 'fool' the dsg i.e. drop early to slow for a sharp bend and mean I am in the right gear to pull away again.
I know what you mean about the wait but it is definately worth it, overall this is one of the most enjoyable cars I have driven.

netherfield
19-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Does this indicate which tyre or is it a case of checking all to find where the problem is.

elidag
19-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Does this indicate which tyre or is it a case of checking all to find where the problem is.

No you have to check each of the tyres but still a great spot by the system as the pressure was only down by about .5 bar in the effected tyre. Would aways spec this now