PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Turbo rattle? and intermittent oil light!

Schmall fella
17-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi all, if anyone can help me I have a right head scratcher, I own a 2001 A4 (B6) 1.8T quattro, last week the oil light came on and has been coming on and off since. Now, I've gone over the entire engine, the oil pump is fine, there are no leaks, oil pressure is fine. So, I changed the sensor on the sump thinking it may be a faulty one seeing as I've been told they go. No joy. I have a oil pressure sensor ordered for it and will be doing that today but has anyone else experienced this? Also, I'm getting a rattle which coincides with the turbo whistle when the oil is up to temperature, and only makes itself known when driving, no sign of it on idle. Any clues chaps? :zx11:

bez101
18-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Hi all, if anyone can help me I have a right head scratcher, I own a 2001 A4 (B6) 1.8T quattro, last week the oil light came on and has been coming on and off since. Now, I've gone over the entire engine, the oil pump is fine, there are no leaks, oil pressure is fine. So, I changed the sensor on the sump thinking it may be a faulty one seeing as I've been told they go. No joy. I have a oil pressure sensor ordered for it and will be doing that today but has anyone else experienced this? Also, I'm getting a rattle which coincides with the turbo whistle when the oil is up to temperature, and only makes itself known when driving, no sign of it on idle. Any clues chaps? :zx11:
the only times iv had oil light depends what oil light tho is to top up
or the big oil warning light and every time iv had that the pick up pipe is blocked if what oil light u geting ?

Schmall fella
20-07-2009, 09:27 AM
the only times iv had oil light depends what oil light tho is to top up
or the big oil warning light and every time iv had that the pick up pipe is blocked if what oil light u geting ?

Hi Bez, sorry for the slow reply, was busy over the weekend working on my other audi, I'm getting the big red oil light, I have the sat nav screen in the dash clocks so you can't miss the damn thing! You say the pick up pipe might be blocked? Is this a build up of oil scum causing this?

bez101
20-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi Bez, sorry for the slow reply, was busy over the weekend working on my other audi, I'm getting the big red oil light, I have the sat nav screen in the dash clocks so you can't miss the damn thing! You say the pick up pipe might be blocked? Is this a build up of oil scum causing this?
yep thats it last time well 1st time i over looked it i needed a full rebuild as it was the AVJ engine and no way could i find 1 id take the sump off and replace the pick up and pump at same time there not that pricey and while the sumps off but ur prob sounds like the pick up

Schmall fella
20-07-2009, 12:18 PM
yep thats it last time well 1st time i over looked it i needed a full rebuild as it was the AVJ engine and no way could i find 1 id take the sump off and replace the pick up and pump at same time there not that pricey and while the sumps off but ur prob sounds like the pick up

Thanks Bez, I'll look into it and see how I get on.