PDA

View Full Version : Question 2006 2.0TDI SPORT Timing belt replacement

CNPrior
16-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Hello All,

Newbie Poster, site looks good so far.

Looking for some help with Jeta 2006 2.0TDI 140 Sport.

Mileage now 72K, VW tell me timing belt should be replaced at 80K.

Will do the job myself, but need advice on parts etc. and a couple of techie questions.

1. Where can I buy a good reputation timing belt kit, water pump kit, idler rollers and auxillary belt - as I plan on changing these at the same time?

GSF seem quite popular, but they look a bit cheap to me....had the car from new...so won't skimp on part quality.

2. Where can I buy a crank locking tool, cam locking pin, belt tensioner plunger and retaining pin?......I believe in being toold up to do the timing belts.....done many and always try to buy good quality gear, so it is easy to change and replicable to the manufacturers.

3. Planning to use cam locking tools, but will also mark camshaft positin to head (not sprocket as this has to be loosened to get the correct belt tension whilst re-fitting.........but - does this mean VAG.COM software will be needed? I can't see why this would be needed - so long as I don't disturb the timing?

4. If needed, where could I buy VAG.Com and how much is it roughly?

Would really appreciate feedback as there are very few articles on this car......will take pictures and post after the job is done so other people can learn from my experience.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Chris:1zhelp:

towcestervag
16-07-2009, 10:51 PM
1/you should be able to geta good belt kit from gsf but check its a continental or gates as these are fitted as standard
2/cam locking tools from ebay
3/should get away with it
4/gendan i have just bought vcds version 805 from them £260 in carry case licenced and ready to go once registered