PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean ???

Chappers
16-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Got a 4 month old laptop with Vista, its just done an automatic update with Windows and every time i start the laptop up i get the below message from ATI. It does not seem to have affected anything but must be there for a reason.

'The Catalyst Control Centre is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the Display Manager.'

I have updated the driver but dont know how to mess with the display manager.:confused:
Can anyone help with this please :1zhelp:

cheers Paul :beerchug:

rharris
16-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Try this!

http://tinyurl.com/kkzc4v

:biglaugh:

rharris
16-07-2009, 09:29 AM
And the top answer was:

"just uninstall ur display driver and remove it from device manager and restart and install the driver again and check."

:biglaugh:

ImCammers
16-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Got a 4 month old laptop with Vista, its just done an automatic update with Windows and every time i start the laptop up i get the below message from ATI. It does not seem to have affected anything but must be there for a reason.

'The Catalyst Control Centre is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the Display Manager.'

I have updated the driver but dont know how to mess with the display manager.:confused:
Can anyone help with this please :1zhelp:

cheers Paul :beerchug:
The Catalyst Control Centre is a tweaking Utility for ATI cards, similar to Ntune for Nvidia cards. It simply sounds like windows has updated the program? but isn't particuly suited to your Graphics card within the computer. Doesn't sound like anything majorly wrong with it, but i suppose it can get abit annoying after a while,

By any chance did you get any CD's with the Laptop? If not do you have the make and model of the computer?

Chappers
16-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Its an Acer Aspire 6530 with an ATI Radeon HD 3650 card

cheers Paul

ImCammers
17-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Its an Acer Aspire 6530 with an ATI Radeon HD 3650 card

cheers Paul

The best thing for you too do, would be to find the Drivers either Acer or ATI recommends, i wouldn't go by what windows has to tell you....

rharris
17-07-2009, 12:29 AM
The posts I found for other ATI cards suggest making sure you uninstall existing drivers, reboot the machine and then let Windows detect the hardware and reinstall the driver....

ImCammers
17-07-2009, 10:28 AM
The posts I found for other ATI cards suggest making sure you uninstall existing drivers, reboot the machine and then let Windows detect the hardware and reinstall the driver....

Thats probaly what i would recommend doing, and hopefully you shouldn't continue to have this problem.

If there is any further issues you have? or you dont know how to uninstall drivers let us know Chappers, and we shall try to help you the best we can.

Chappers
17-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Thats probaly what i would recommend doing, and hopefully you shouldn't continue to have this problem.

If there is any further issues you have? or you dont know how to uninstall drivers let us know Chappers, and we shall try to help you the best we can.

Thanks very much, i would appreciate an idiots guide to this if anyone has the time:confused:

Cheers Paul

rharris
17-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Start | Run | devmgmt.msc to bring up device manager.

Find your ATI video card, right hand mouse click and select Uninstall.

Reboot machine and then wait for windows to detect new hardware and reinstall driver....

Should be as easy as that :biglaugh:

Chappers
18-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Start | Run | devmgmt.msc to bring up device manager.

Find your ATI video card, right hand mouse click and select Uninstall.

Reboot machine and then wait for windows to detect new hardware and reinstall driver....

Should be as easy as that :biglaugh:

That seems to have solved the problem

Cheers Chappers :beerchug: