PDA

View Full Version : Question my eye balls hurt from thead reading, help me lower my car please ???

soldendave
15-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Right guys

Any of you out there dropped a b7 A4 avant tdi se about 40mm or so??
I searched through the threads but life is short and i wasn't getting anywhere fast so i need your help advice and reccomendations.

Should i just get lowering springs ( car has done 100k no shock replacement )?

Should i go for full springs and shocks? if what do you all recommend ?

Does a normal audi A4 take the S-line standard springs and shocks ? is this the best option??

Many many questions, i love my car and will run it to the death so want to get a good set up!!!

Cheers for any response.

dave

Red Avant
17-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi mate,

I have the same car as you and have just dropped it 50mm with eibach pro kit springs. I had ordered the shocks to go with them but after waiting 5 weeks and they still hadn't arrived i decided to fit the springs to the standard shocks. My car has done 100k too so i'll just have to wait and see how long the original shocks last. The car rides alot better and now has no roll when cornering compared to the originals. I have fitted new wheels and tyre too which probably helps with the better ride. If the shocks don't last i'll just replace with some shorter eibachs but overall i am pleased with the springs on their own.
Cheers

soldendave
19-07-2009, 07:42 PM
cheers for that, i think my shock are on the way out though the back road home from work is a bit like a fairground ride at the moment.
so i worry that if i just replace the springs there wil be rubbish damping over bumpy sections. ( i have never lowered a cart before though so not sure what to expect )

Dave

mtc
24-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I've just lowered my A4 Avant on a set of Fk Silverline coilovers...... Best of all is the fact the ride height can be set at my desired height.

From previous experience, i wouldn't lower your car with the original shocks..... Ideally they need to be shortened ones as they need less travel.

Red Avant
25-08-2009, 05:43 AM
Your right., My shock/shocks have gone already. Car now very bouncy although my other half said that she could not notice any difference! When i got in the car yesterday for the first time in a while it was not the same car as when i had it lowered. How much are these silverline coilovers and can i fit with my eibach springs? Cheers