PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered new 1.6 tdi 105 se

mad evo
15-07-2009, 04:22 PM
First post on here great forum, currently im driving my tuned evo 8 as a daily car and it's draining the finances with the measly 12-15mpg i get. So i decided to get the new golf 105ps 1.6 tdi in 5 door as my daily car.

A factory order would have been 3 months my dealer said but luckily they had just ordered a demonstrator a while back which is currently on route from the factory and should be at the dealers by friday or early next week.
The car is in Georgia Blue with SE pack.

I really needed a new car asap as im putting too many miles on my evo and going through clutches like no tomorrow so desperatly needed a comfortable economical daily drive. Due to this i opted not to go for a factory order and rather just go for this one.

Im pretty chuffed that i managed to get this car after reading a few posts on here it seems they are quite hard to get sooner than 3 months?
Haven't driven the new 1.6 105 tdi but i like the sound of it, any one already got one and if so whats the engine like?

Im looking forward to a civalised drive and a change from single figure miles per gallon, keep that for the weekends!

psmith98752
15-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Great news!

Please please please post your opinions about the engine! As I've ordered a Golf Bluemotion SE which comes with the 1.6TDI engine (although probably slightly different, its near enough the same). So would be very interested in how it performs when accelerating, engine noise, refinement, etc! I ordered mine the end of June and its expected for the end of September so you are lucky!

mad evo
15-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Great news!

Please please please post your opinions about the engine! As I've ordered a Golf Bluemotion SE which comes with the 1.6TDI engine (although probably slightly different, its near enough the same). So would be very interested in how it performs when accelerating, engine noise, refinement, etc! I ordered mine the end of June and its expected for the end of September so you are lucky!

Soon as i have her in 7 days i shall post a full report on the new engine.

I know exactly how you feel i have spend hours and hours looking for reviews of this engine on the net and not found a single one, i think because this engine only went into production on the 1st of this month so my car will probably be one of the first 1.6 tdi engined mk6's in the country. nice lol

I test drove the 2 litre 110 as they obv didnt have the 1.6 tdi there however reading the specs on it its slightly better torque and lighter engine means it should not only be more refined on paper but also quicker pull through the gears.

I really do not require much power as thats what my stroker engined evo is for but i would not mind a remap on this engine.

Does anyone know how tunable this car is? Is it more tunable than the 2 litre 110 tdi or less?

How the hell do these tdi's work, similar to petrol turbo cars? as if thats the case id be tempted to give it a go remapping myself with a wideband to perfect afr's.

Kremmen
16-07-2009, 06:58 AM
This is the model that interests me as well.

Mine would probably have to be factory as I need the folding mirrors pack due to the garage door width.

3 months you say - must note that.

mad evo
16-07-2009, 01:23 PM
yup 3 months is the current wait for a factory order and iv been hearing a lot have been put back even further.

The last time i waited for a car was the w203 mercedes c-class which i fell in love with, ordered it without even seeing a physical car and waited 8 months was told it would only be 5, so i always expect delays with factory orders.

Spoke to dealer today again, we are still on for wed pickup

Excited to get 60mpg really cant wait

Todays 22 mile journey in the evo was @13 miles per gallon

mad evo
17-07-2009, 01:44 PM
just had a call from the dealer saying the car arrived today and will be ready for pick up on wednesday.

I am going to the dealer in an hour to have a look at her even thought i cant drive her away today, still though at least il get to see it in person :biglaugh:

Its a shame i cant take her away today because im away doing a 200 odd mile round trip tomorrow and unfortunatly have to do this in the evo. pish!

garysnooker
01-08-2009, 05:10 PM
has anybody got one yet my is coming in october

Golfer Phil
01-08-2009, 05:42 PM
has anybody got one yet my is coming in october Mine was ordered 20th June and just got to know it is being built week 34 (17th Aug) so should have by first week of September.

MPLB
11-11-2009, 07:01 AM
I was wondering if your new 105bhp diesel Golf Mk 6 has arrived yet?

I am considering switching from a more powerful turbo diesel car to the same (non Bluemotion) model and I'm a little worried that it's going to be too slow and/or flat at a certain rev range.

If yours has turned up would you mind letting me know how you're finding the power delivery? I'm not interested (any more) in racing around at top speed I'm more concerned with it being responsive enough for safe overtaking when it's necessary.

I'd be grateful for your opinion on the engine as I'm in two minds whether or not to go for the 2.0TDI 140bhp but I would prefer the economy of the 1.6TDI.

Thanks

mad evo
11-11-2009, 03:04 PM
I was wondering if your new 105bhp diesel Golf Mk 6 has arrived yet?

I am considering switching from a more powerful turbo diesel car to the same (non Bluemotion) model and I'm a little worried that it's going to be too slow and/or flat at a certain rev range.

If yours has turned up would you mind letting me know how you're finding the power delivery? I'm not interested (any more) in racing around at top speed I'm more concerned with it being responsive enough for safe overtaking when it's necessary.

I'd be grateful for your opinion on the engine as I'm in two minds whether or not to go for the 2.0TDI 140bhp but I would prefer the economy of the 1.6TDI.

Thanks

I mate i picked up my 5dr 1.6 tdi 105 se back on the 22nd of July, so far covered around 3.5k miles on her.

I cant comment on what its like compared to the 2 litre tdi 140 but i can tell you that in order to overtake u really need to be in the right gear, usually means droppin down one or two gears to get the power.

if your cruising in 4ht at 30mph, and floor it, the car wont move for like 3-4 secs at all, i in this case would drop her down to 2nd or 3rd to pass, bit of a pain really but im coming from a highly tuned evo where i can keep it in 5th at 40 and foot down im away. Unless the car your passing happens to be a supercar!

Hope that helps you, as long as u dont mind playing about with the gearbox to get the power. (which i might add is a joy in the mk6)

Happy motoring and good luck with your new car, i have been very impressed so far with mine.