PDA

View Full Version : Which Bluetooth system for new CC and Blackberry Bold

Kiwi5555
14-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi,
I'm just in the process of ordering a new CC and going through the options.
For the Bluetooth, I was advised (by the dealer) against ordering the factory fit bluetooth prep as it won't be compatible with my phone (Blackberry Bold).

What has been suggested is VW's new touch-screen kit (dealer fit), but so far I have not had any guarantees that this will work with my phone.

Potential 3rd option is to go for a Parrot system, but I have no experience of this system.

Anyone on here used Blackberrys with VW bluetooth system.... which is the best one to go for?

Kieran

canke4
22-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I've tried for months to pair my Blackberry. Couldn't get it to. I eventually bought a Nokia 6300 with the compatable cradle off ebay and now divert from the Blackberry to the Nokia whenever I'm in the car.
I've got the Premium handsfree package and although it's a pain to divert when getting in the car everytime the system is the best handsfree I've come across in a car.

ThePPenguin
10-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Just got a passat with rns 510 and premium bluetooth - blackberry bold integrated perfectly fine with it - rsap fully working and sms's can be read on the mfd.

just enable bluetooth on the bold, discoverable and "listen", on the mfd in the passat - search for devices.

the passat/premium bluetooth will then present a 16 digit pin - whack this in the bold and it's job done.

i was worried the Bold or any Berry wouldn't work but have no complaints so far....

p.s. my Bold is running the latest o/s available from 02.

Kiwi5555
19-08-2009, 03:16 PM
ThePP, Thanks for the reply.
My BB is from Orange so not sure if that makes a difference.
I just hope that it works as easy for me.
Kieran

suzannegould
23-08-2009, 09:25 AM
ThePP, Thanks for the reply.
My BB is from Orange so not sure if that makes a difference.
I just hope that it works as easy for me.
Kieran

Hi all

new to forum I hv the iPhone do u know if this is compatible to the
cc bluetooth, vw dealer said not and I need to get a seperate system.

kiforrest
26-08-2009, 07:40 PM
VW dealer is correct. No Iphone to date supports rsap. I hear the next one (the one after 3GS) will