PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook 2003 Help Needed

Mini Mark
14-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Can anyone help I am getting the following message when I open Outlook 2003

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\terry\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool.

Please help

Hex69
14-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Can anyone help I am getting the following message when I open Outlook 2003

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\terry\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool.

Please help

Looks as if if it can't locate your archive folder.

Go to Start/Control Panel/Mail/Data Files and repair the link to your archive folder.

HTH :D

Mini Mark
14-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks Hex but I can not find the repair option all I get in the bos is tell me more, settings, open folder, add new remove and close if I click on the personal folders it comes up with unkown error occured error code 0x80040600file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/terry/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/terry/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Hex69
14-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks Hex but I can not find the repair option all I get in the bos is tell me more, settings, open folder, add new remove and close if I click on the personal folders it comes up with unkown error occured error code 0x80040600file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/terry/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/terry/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Do you not get this when clicking on Mail?

Mini Mark
14-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Do you not get this when clicking on Mail?

Yes and then I get a box with a list of 2 items Archive and Personal and those options:confused:

Hex69
14-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Yes and then I get a box with a list of 2 items Archive and Personal and those options:confused:

and not this?

Mini Mark
14-07-2009, 01:34 PM
and not this?

I get that one after clicking on data files and there are to items in the list archive and personal but no option to repair if I highlight the personal folders item I get the unkown error message

Hex69
14-07-2009, 01:35 PM
I get that one after clicking on data files and there are to items in the list archive and personal but no option to repair if I highlight the personal folders item I get the unkown error message

And you can't highlight it and get the 'Settings' button enabled?

Mini Mark
14-07-2009, 01:36 PM
And you can't highlight it and get the 'Settings' button enabled?

I'll try it now....

Edit Just ried on the archive one I can click settings and get a box with options to change password and compact now on the personal files one I get the error message

sooty
02-09-2009, 08:58 PM
This PST error is very common fault...
If you navigate to your Outlook directory and find a program called SCANPST.EXE (looks like a ripped envlope)... Once you open the application do a search on your local hard drive for *.pst and then navigate to it using scanpst and it will repair the file.

Hope this all makes sense... Sorry I cant give you any screen shots at the moment... I am at work! lol

turbine2
03-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Sounds like the file may be corrupt. Can you make a copy of it in windows explorer? Also, what size is it? I know there used to be a problem with Outlook pst files over 2Gb in size.

fat controller
12-06-2011, 07:52 PM
*****I have reported the above post to the mods as potentially being spam, and would strongly suggest that nobody clicks on the link in the post, at least until it is verified by site admin*****

mycarsavw edit - post now removed - thanks as always go to our ever-vigilant members

Hex69
13-06-2011, 09:26 AM
The fact that it's a 2yr old tread resurrected would be another clue.!!

lizaright
14-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Hii

The problem may be because the size of PST files is more than 2GB size or PST files have been corrupted.