PDA

View Full Version : Auto indicators

wheelnut
09-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Hi. Other VAG cars (and others e.g Ford, Mercedes etc) I have driven have an automatic indicator facility where you get 3 flashes for lane changing when you move the stalk.
My Audi A6 (2004) does not do this. Is this something which can be switched on?

PAH
10-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Is it the new shape A6? My 2006 car will do 3 flashes if you just tap the stalk one way or the other.

wheelnut
10-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Thats what I want - mine is the old shape.

Sam
16-04-2007, 04:21 PM
I added this option to my Passat by fitting a small module that taps into the hazard relay circuit

I set up a group buy on another forum and sold in excess of 50 modules.

I went direct to the makers - (http://www.cxi-europe.com/ - it's called a Komfortblinker).

I've had mine a few years now and it's the single most useful mod I've carried out.

yaktrebor
16-04-2007, 09:31 PM
It looks great, if only I could read German!

What was the price when you did the GB?

Are you going to do another one soon?

Sam
17-04-2007, 10:40 AM
It looks great, if only I could read German!

Ah yes, I forgot that part! Google translator is your friend

What was the price when you did the GB?

Hmm, I got mine for free because I translated the manual into English, but I think the price reduction was still higher than the price they're selling for now.

Are you going to do another one soon?

No thank you! My office looked like an explosion in an electronics factory for a few months. There are a few sellers in the USA, and I think there are some on eBay too.

If you're interested, just send an email to the site (cxi-europe) for the attention of Andreas, mention me, PassatWorld and the Group Buy and I 'd like to think you'll get a little break in the price.

½cwt
18-04-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm up for this too.

I've driven 2006 A6's and Ford Focus with this fitted, very useful for lane changes etc.

Chris

wheelnut
10-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I have now found the official Audi part number for this relay. Audi (Northampton) where my car was serviced last week, will sell me the part but will not fit it. It would be modifying the original spec. Great!
I have ordered the part and will now have to get the RNS-E out to fit it.

ajc
10-12-2007, 02:41 PM
How much was the part ??

wheelnut
10-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Part no 000998229A Ruestsatz £29.79 plus VAT

ajc
10-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Cheers, I think that price is very reasonable. It might be the fitting that comes as a shock !

bora(ing) nick
10-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm sure i've read somewhere that a special tool is required to seperate the hazard switch from the loom...(where the interface kit goes)....

It can be done but is a little tricky i believe

Nick

wheelnut
10-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Oh - that could leave me with a problem. I was expecting to have problems getting the RNS-E unit out as my removal tools dont seem to be much good.

bora(ing) nick
10-12-2007, 05:38 PM
See here...... click (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18919&highlight=comfort+indicators)

:beerchug:

Nick

wheelnut
10-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Thanks for that. Looking at the link, the part number on the item is slightly different. Until the kit I have ordered from Northampton Audi arrives on Firday, I don't know whether it will need the pins removing from the existing unit or not. Will let you know.

wheelnut
11-12-2007, 07:34 PM
OK - got the kit. Now can someone tell me how to get at the hazard switch / indicator relay wiring? I have taken the stereo out and the trim from around the switch and there is a solid panel below the hazard switch.

wheelnut
15-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Update - the VAG kit is not suitable for the C5 A6.
The kit has a loom and you take some of the wire out of the connector on the back of the hazard swicth and put this new loom in there. The connectors on the loom which need to be inserted into the connector which then goes on the back of the hazard switch are too wide for the switch connector.
No way that it will fit.
Anyone want to by the kit for their Passat etc....
I will order the spliced in one from CXI.