PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth....help!!!

tigercrane
11-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Hi guys

followed the golf manual on setting up the bluetooth - turned on the bluetooth on my mobile, turned the ignition on and pressed the phone symbol on my steering wheel twice quickly. Nothing happened. The manual says I should hear a beep or a sound. Nothing.

I've even asked my phone to do a scan but it finds nothing. Can anyone help??

JoseSpring
12-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Sounds nothing like the way I set up my phones! Do you have a multi-functi'on display?
If I want to set up a new phone I hit the phone button once, then use up/down on the right to scroll to CONNECT, hit that then chose your phone. Make sure your phone is visible.
Rest assured, once you know what to do it's a piece of cake.

tigercrane
12-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Sounds nothing like the way I set up my phones! Do you have a multi-functi'on display?
If I want to set up a new phone I hit the phone button once, then use up/down on the right to scroll to CONNECT, hit that then chose your phone. Make sure your phone is visible.
Rest assured, once you know what to do it's a piece of cake.

I will give that a go but I'm sure when I press the phone button nothing happens, nothing on the multi-functional display comes up

andyduz
12-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Have you enabled the remote sim (r sap) profile on your phone?

tigercrane
12-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Have you enabled the remote sim (r sap) profile on your phone?

no. How do you do that? I have a Samsung Tocco

JoseSpring
12-07-2009, 10:39 AM
By "the phone button" I meant the one on the steering wheel, not on the stereo.
If your phone has RSAP it will be in the bluetooth menu's. I have a different Samsung, but it has the option.

tigercrane
12-07-2009, 10:42 AM
By "the phone button" I meant the one on the steering wheel, not on the stereo.
If your phone has RSAP it will be in the bluetooth menu's. I have a different Samsung, but it has the option.

Yes, Ive found the Remote Sim settings. Will have a play in the car and report back.

Cheers matey!

chockymonster
12-07-2009, 10:56 AM
no. How do you do that? I have a Samsung Tocco

I don't think the Tocco supports RSAP

tigercrane
12-07-2009, 11:32 AM
No, its not working guys. Have tried it with the ignition on and off.

I press the little phone button on the steering wheel and nothing appears on the dash or anywhere else, nothing.

My phone has its bluetooth activated and the Remote Sim turned on, and still nothing. I have even asked the phone to search bluetooth devices, and nothing.

Even if I hold down the phone button on the steering wheel it does nothing. I have scrolled through the menu, as advised, to find connect and all I see are the normal menu options (Data, lights and vision etc)

What the hell am I doing wrong?????

Nightowl4933
12-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Erm, do you have the phone in 'seen by all' mode, and not hidden?

Just a thought...

tigercrane
12-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Erm, do you have the phone in 'seen by all' mode, and not hidden?

Just a thought...

Yes its turned on. Weird!!

Nightowl4933
12-07-2009, 12:31 PM
I (don't) have to say, but both of my phones were really easy to set up.

They're both Nokia's (a 6500 slide and a 3120) and the rsap connection works well, although text messages, etc. don't automatically synchronise with the phone, but it's not an issue for me.

I just added a User in the MFD and once found (which I understand yours doesn't) you just need to enter the 16 digit code.

I would suggest you pop in to the local VW dealer and ask them to demonstrate how to pair them up.

Pete

JoseSpring
12-07-2009, 12:38 PM
To confirm you have bluetooth installed correctly in the car, use the left/right on the right hand steering wheel controls to scroll between MFD options. You should find one called BLUETOOTH. This is the same screen that you get if you press the phone button on the left hand steering wheel controls.
If you dont have this, I would suggest you take your car back to the dealer - I wouldnt be convinced you have bluetooth installed!!
If you get the BLUETOOTH menu, press OK on the right hand side controls and CONNECT your phone.
Hope this helps.

tigercrane
12-07-2009, 12:43 PM
To confirm you have bluetooth installed correctly in the car, use the left/right on the right hand steering wheel controls to scroll between MFD options. You should find one called BLUETOOTH. This is the same screen that you get if you press the phone button on the left hand steering wheel controls.
If you dont have this, I would suggest you take your car back to the dealer - I wouldnt be convinced you have bluetooth installed!!
If you get the BLUETOOTH menu, press OK on the right hand side controls and CONNECT your phone.
Hope this helps.

Ok, will speak to VW about this one/ THanks for all your help guys! Much appreciated

Nick