PDA

View Full Version : Question 2nd Hand - Why ?

rufustfirefly
10-07-2009, 09:43 AM
I have just searched the official site to see what depreciation is like and there are 200+ B8's for sale, most of which seem to be the 143D SE model - I know this was the 'first' available, but why are there so many already, and just over a year old?
Is it a bad car?, ex-demos?, ex-fleet?, or do people trade-in that soon?
Anyone on here in the 'trade' and know why this might be?

kodkod.84
10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
I would say a mixture:

Ex demos

A lot of companies only keep their fleet cars for a year, my next door neighbour gets a new car every year.

People not liking SE spec and wanting S-Line

People trading in for the MY2010

onemanparty
10-07-2009, 06:32 PM
I think Ex-demo more than Company Car - Most Companies run a car for 3 to 4 yrs and only a few including the one I work for run for 1

I bet they are launch cars and that more people have upgraded as Kodkod said

Red 2
10-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Doubt private buyers with any sanity would trade in after just a year unless they have money to burn. Prob a goodly mixture of ex demos, Audi fleet etc.

200 + doesn't seem too excessive given how common a sight the new A4 is on the roads now and I would expect most short term fleet/hire churn to be the tax friendly 143 diesel.

robtt09
12-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Was picking a friend up from York Station and parked near the hire car bays.Europcar had x4 A4 tdi all SE ,mix of auto and manual and all good metallic colours.They were all 08 with Audi UK written on their plates .These cars will be taken back by Audi after one year and are the cars you are beginning to see.Probably good buys

Dtom
13-07-2009, 10:06 AM
I have just taken delivery of a used 08 A4 2.7 TDI SE. The car was registered to VAG so I think was probably a managers car or a demo. I think I got a good deal as the car is loaded with extra's and has only 5K on the clock. I worked out at todays prices this would be a £38K car that I got for £24K so all in all I am very happy. It's just a shame that the dealer experience has not been as great as the car experience.

David

billp2
13-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Doubt private buyers with any sanity would trade in after just a year unless they have money to burn. Prob a goodly mixture of ex demos, Audi fleet etc.

200 + doesn't seem too excessive given how common a sight the new A4 is on the roads now and I would expect most short term fleet/hire churn to be the tax friendly 143 diesel.

I am private buyer and i traded my s-line in for s-line avant after 4 months :Blush2:.... all because of a bloody dog :zx11:

LENSMAN01
13-07-2009, 05:06 PM
I have just taken delivery of a used 08 A4 2.7 TDI SE. The car was registered to VAG so I think was probably a managers car or a demo. I think I got a good deal as the car is loaded with extra's and has only 5K on the clock. I worked out at todays prices this would be a £38K car that I got for £24K so all in all I am very happy. It's just a shame that the dealer experience has not been as great as the car experience.

David

I too have just brought a 2.0 TDi SE Avant which was a VAG car and only had 2500 miles on it. (Basically brand new). I paid £23K and it has the full S-Line spec' with leather and a host of other goodies worth about 8K on the base price. It was definately a launch car and I am a happy bunny...!

Jop
13-07-2009, 05:43 PM
This thread wont bother me until i read someone has just brought one with a decent engine (petrol) and nice sline trim.

is there many of them about at the moment??

My car is going back on the market very soon (late rejection... old story), the dealer tells me he expects a 27,995 price tag on it.

A1287210
13-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Makes me think that unless it was a company car it is stupid to buy new...

solarseven
13-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I traded in my 08 A4 SE for a 58 A4 s-line after 8 months.

ScottyUK
14-07-2009, 10:31 AM

How else do you get the car you want?

smellster
14-07-2009, 12:51 PM

Well quite clearly I'm stupid. :1zhelp:

When I posted back in April about ordering my car I was accused of being rich\mad because of the depreciation.

Maybe there's some people in the world who actually buy a car specced to their exact requirements, not wanting a flogged to death demo, with the intention of keeping it for a good number of years. Will the Daily Mail readership frequenting this forum allow that? :banghead:

Anyway Mr. Stupid here will be picking up the stupidly specced car listed below some time next week. I will hopefully have a stupid grin on my face afterwards. I wonder how many of the options they'll forget to fit? :biglaugh:

Jop
14-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Anyway Mr. Stupid here will be picking up the stupidly specced car listed below some time next week. I will hopefully have a stupid grin on my face afterwards. I wonder how many of the options they'll forget to fit? :biglaugh:

Coming July: 2010 A4 Avant 3.0tdi Exec S-Line, Meteor Grey, 18" 10 Spoke, Advanced Key, Audi Parking System Plus, B&O, Technology/Comfort/Interior Light/Storage Pack, Full Drive Select W/Quattro Sports Differential, Heated Seats, High Beam Assistant, Hill Hold Control, Panoramic Sunroof, TPMS + some other stuff

Yea Ha!!! Mammoth Spec.
Beers are clearly on you then..:beerchug:

smellster
14-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Beers are clearly on you then..:beerchug:
I'm not that stupid! :D

tlionhart
14-07-2009, 05:25 PM
cars with milage like; 3000, 8000 are ex demos. Used also by the service dept as loan cars.