PDA

View Full Version : A4 avant estate 1998 towbar

nimbo1981
09-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Please help me?? Can anyone tell me if a towbar of a 1999 Sallon audi a4 will fit my audi advant estate 1998??

adamss24
10-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi, as long as the other car wasn't a quattro, then it will fit !

mike ryan
05-08-2009, 03:03 PM
I am looking at a towbar for my avant b5 and have found one but it is off a 2wd and my car is a quattro, What is the difference with the 2 models as i have looked at a lot of after market ones and they all list the same one for all models? Please can anyone help?

I_am_stealth
27-04-2010, 01:16 AM
Hi, did you work out the difference? I have a quattro as well and I thought there was no difference in the tow bars. But the Quattro indeed is much lower at the back..

mike ryan
27-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi there from what i can tell there is no difference with the towbar. The one i had was a swan neck made by oris. You simply remove the rear bumper and take the brackets off the bumper and the towbar bolts to it. Then just simply slide back in. Its 4 bolts in the boot (you will have to remove the side panels for access) and some clips on the side that were awkard but i think you have to push up on the sides of the bumper or something like that. The one thing to consider is the electrics as if your car has the bulb failure warning system then you will need a seven way relay. Any more problems just email me mryan@blueyonder.co.uk

Mike

Hi, did you work out the difference? I have a quattro as well and I thought there was no difference in the tow bars. But the Quattro indeed is much lower at the back..