PDA

View Full Version : Important B8 s-Liine with a caravan

A1287210
09-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Please note:

I was driving back from Hull the other day and an Ibis white S-line with 19" double spoke alloys was pulling a small caravan down the M18.

It was going the opposite was to me (probably at 56 mph) otherwise I may have pulled alongside and shook my head at the driver.

In a "you don't by a beautiful car like that and pull a caravan" type of look.

You have been spotted who ever you are........

:D:D:D

The Polisher
10-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Better watch out in about 4 weeks then, I'll be towing a brand new 23ft Swift caravan with my Lava Grey S line exec!!

I'll post a picture of the 2 of them just for you!!! :D

Jop
13-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Please note:

I was driving back from Hull the other day and an Ibis white S-line with 19" double spoke alloys was pulling a small caravan down the M18.

It was going the opposite was to me (probably at 56 mph) otherwise I may have pulled alongside and shook my head at the driver.

In a "you don't by a beautiful car like that and pull a caravan" type of look.

You have been spotted who ever you are........

:D:D:D

Yes.. Shame on you!!! That kind of thing is reserved for 143 SE's :biglaugh:

CarbonS4
13-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Yes.. Shame on you!!! That kind of thing is reserved for 143 SE's :biglaugh:

oh no :aargh4:...does that mean when the S Line arrives and i put our 2 sea kayaks on top, that will ruin my street cred too ;)

kodkod.84
13-07-2009, 07:32 PM
The A4 Avant is billed as a lifestyle estate, read as mountain biking, kayaking, surfing- that kind of thing.

The kind of lifestyle involving pulling a caravan shouts VW Passat or Volvo V70 in my mind :biglaugh:

But maybe I'm being stereotypical :aargh4:

Jop
13-07-2009, 07:48 PM
oh no :aargh4:...does that mean when the S Line arrives and i put our 2 sea kayaks on top, that will ruin my street cred too ;)
not in my book.

CarbonS4
13-07-2009, 09:10 PM
The A4 Avant is billed as a lifestyle estate, read as mountain biking, kayaking, surfing- that kind of thing.

The kind of lifestyle involving pulling a caravan shouts VW Passat or Volvo V70 in my mind :biglaugh:

Thats a relief, i was begining to think we had purchased the wrong car :confused:, but as we mountain bike as well as kayak looks like we are safe, or do we need to learn how to surf :D :D

maybe I should start another thread "what do you do with your's !!!!!" :Blush2:

The Polisher
13-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Sorry?

Why should I have a V70 or a Passat just because I want to tow with it??

I saw a Rolls Royce towing the other day!!!!

I'm going to post a picture everyday of my A4 with something on the towbar just to upset you lot! :biglaugh:

kodkod.84
14-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Did I read on here that the A4 needed radiator upgrades to prevent overheating when towing?

So they didn't even think of caravans and horsey boxes when doing the original design.

I suppose at least you have a detachable towbar, I can't think of anything worse to ruin the look of the back of the car.

And a Rolls-Royce towing, that's just surreal :D

MalcQV
14-07-2009, 07:58 AM

The Passat would break down :p Though that is the best thing for caravaners :D keep them out of my knackered Passat's way!

kodkod.84
14-07-2009, 08:10 AM
LOL maybe that's why the Passat isn't in this photo. A Skoda Passat is though, and the V70 is.

Note lack of A4 :p

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/21D91257-1590-4505-848F-92D0E8432AE9/0/Winners.jpg

MalcQV
14-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Sorry?

Why should I have a V70 or a Passat just because I want to tow with it??

I saw a Rolls Royce towing the other day!!!!

I'm going to post a picture everyday of my A4 with something on the towbar just to upset you lot! :biglaugh:

Penance :p

Eshrules
14-07-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm happier to see an A4 pulling a caravan, as opposed to the usual (and rather predictable choice) of the 'go anywhere, stupidly large engined with tyres as big as your house' 4x4.

MalcQV
14-07-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm happier to see an A4 pulling a caravan, as opposed to the usual (and rather predictable choice) of the 'go anywhere, stupidly large engined with tyres as big as your house' 4x4.

I would rather see the caravan parked on the drive, but surely a big 4x4 is ideal for towing a caravan? In fact I think RWD or 4x4 a far better choice for pulling a caravan than any FWD car...