PDA

View Full Version : Break in period

georgevwplus
09-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi All

I just took my new golf plus 122 Tsi, I have to make a long trip (600 miles-1000Km) so I was thinking that maybe I should not use my golf since its still brand new.
Can someone advice me if I can travel with it and if yes....should i drive slow with low revs or maybe to leave it home and take the train :-)

thanks in advance

CharlesCourtney
09-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi All

I just took my new golf plus 122 Tsi, I have to make a long trip (600 miles-1000Km) so I was thinking that maybe I should not use my golf since its still brand new.
Can someone advice me if I can travel with it and if yes....should i drive slow with low revs or maybe to leave it home and take the train :-)

See no real reason why you should not use it - obviously things can and do go wrong with new cars - I suspect you may be at a small increased risk of mechanical faults but that may only be a perceived increase. You could take the train and have that brake down !

As for "running-in"- from memory the user book recommends not using full revs for the first 600 miles and then gradually building up between 600 and 1000 - do check though - which means in reality no quick get aways from lights and no booting it to overtake the HGV in front.