PDA

View Full Version : I want a Golf cabrio!

k9max
08-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey guys,
I am currently looking to buy a mk1 Golf convertible, is there anything I should pay particular attention to when viewing a potential purchase?
I am looking at GTIs and Clippers F reg on.
Many thanks!

Kev B
08-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Hi,not really an answer to your question,but i am considering selling my 1991 clipper.I have owned for 3 years summer use only and garaged,84,000 documented miles,full history file inc original bill of sale,full respray and new roof last year at vw dealer after vandal damage(fortunatly agreed value insurance)was nearly imacculate before damage,now superb.Ink blue with grey roof.Sorry to steal the occasion but happy to speak to anyone with an interst.Located near Hereford.
I am sure lots of people on here can give good advice on what to keep a look out for .I did look at quite a few which were poorly repaired and generally tatty,i think it was well worth sticking out for a really good one.
good luck with your purchase.

ini
09-07-2009, 01:44 AM
If the chassis is sound and the roof is in good condition (cracks above the main folds) you should be ok.

The brakes & steering are very heavy, so start doing squats to prepare yourself.

This is a very useful document for cab buyers:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.info/main/Buyingacab.pdf

k9max
09-07-2009, 08:06 PM
If the chassis is sound and the roof is in good condition (cracks above the main folds) you should be ok.

The brakes & steering are very heavy, so start doing squats to prepare yourself.

This is a very useful document for cab buyers:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.info/main/Buyingacab.pdf

That's a really useful link, thanks for that!

k9max
09-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi,not really an answer to your question,but i am considering selling my 1991 clipper.

How much would you sell it for? Wouldn't mind seeing some pics once you do decide to sell, pm me if needbe.;)

Kev B
12-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi,sorry not to have replied to your enquirey sooner,have been working on a shop refit (big pressure).
I would be looking for offers on £3800 for my golf.If you want some pics happy to e mail you some if you are interested.
Thanks ,best regards.

k9max
14-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi Kev, thanks for getting back. Your Golf certainly sounds like it's a very good example, however I have found a Clipper after a couple of months of searching. Thanks again, I'm hope the sale goes well for you.