PDA

View Full Version : Electric Window

LLX
09-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help. My drivers side window on my VW POLO has all of a sudden stopped working. There is no sound from it at all when I press the button. Both the sun roof and the passenger window still work.

Does anyone know if this is an easy probelm to fix or if it is going to cost me a lot of money!

Thanks for your help!

widrybu
09-04-2007, 12:10 PM
hi recently had the same prob with my car ( 2000 model ) I found the overload switch had activated ..when you expose the mechanism the bowden cable terminates at the motor end ,this sits in a spring . If the spring is compressed during winding it activates an overloadswitch( to prevent injury to personel should fingers be in window opening during operation ) If the window is hard to wind i.e. the channels may be dirty/pulleys stiff etc this switch can be operated...thus no window movement or motor drive sound. If pushing the bowden cable into the motor further ( ie deactivating cut out) the window will operate...you then need to find the cause or drag on the window causing the overload. PS always check the fuse for thewinding motor first . Ther are many reasons the window won't work...don't take this as gospel but your symtoms sounded exactly like mine. The drag on my window was crud in the door guides. regards Ian

s0niX
20-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Could be the Switch, Or the fuse check both :)

Good Luck

denz
20-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help. My drivers side window on my VW POLO has all of a sudden stopped working. There is no sound from it at all when I press the button. Both the sun roof and the passenger window still work.

Does anyone know if this is an easy probelm to fix or if it is going to cost me a lot of money!

Thanks for your help!

sound brutal but take the interior panel off and if you can get access to the motor itself give it a tap with a hammer (don't take your bad week out on it though) it sometimes moves the motor slighty making better contact inside the motor just a thought ?