PDA

View Full Version : Glow Plug Warning Lamp Flashing

apache24uk
09-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Hi all,

I drive a VW Polo TDI (02 plate, 100 BHP, 70,000 on the clock). I noticed yesterday that the glow plug lamp started flashing on my dashboard and the break lights do not come on, but the car still drives fine! (More importantly the breaks still work!)

Having looked through some threads I saw someone with a similar problem to mine mention that their break lights were also not working and that it can be related, something about a faulty break switch and not the glow plugs?

I was wondering if anyone has clue of what has happened and how easily it can be fixed. With no mechanical experience is it something I can do myself, something my local mechanic can fix or is it best to go to a VW garage and how much would it cost?

Cheers for your help

Paul Jay
09-04-2007, 09:22 AM
It's a common fault mate.

Brake light switch failed on my Bora and I got exactly the same symptoms as you describe.

Cost about £8 and 10 minutes to fix. It's an easy DIY job although a bit fiddly.

If your car is ever on VAG-com or diagnostic machine remember that the fault will be stored and should be cleared - at least you'll know what it is!;)

HTH

Paul

apache24uk
10-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Cheers Paul for the info, I'll probably get my local mechanic to sort it for me