PDA

View Full Version : Question '08 Jetta - Car shakes when I stop

rexm
06-07-2009, 06:58 PM
I have a 2008 Jetta and I recently went in and got the 15,000 mile maintenance done. About 3 days later, when I stopped at a stoplight, the car started shaking back and forth, as if I was pushing the brake in and out over and over. It sounds like it's about to die when it does this, and then the engine revs up a little, and it does this over and over. When I put it in park, it idles fine and I'm able to put it back into drive without any issues. It also seemed to drive ok (for that short drive back home). The engine light has come on now, as well. (I think it's the engine light)

I won't be able to take it in to get it looked at until Saturday, as I'm going out of town for business, but I'm curious what could cause this kind of problem.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the maintenance that I had done 3 days prior. Could it not have enough oil in the engine? Could me driving it around for 3 days before the problem occurred cause some serious issues? I'm planning to have it towed back to the dealership just in case driving it might cause further problems.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

towcestervag
06-07-2009, 10:26 PM
if its a petrol it could be a coil pack?

rexm
07-07-2009, 01:33 AM
if its a petrol it could be a coil pack?
Yes, it is a petrol (I'm assuming that means it runs on gasoline as opposed to diesel).

If it's a coil pack, would that mean it doesn't have anything to do with the recent maintenance that was performed?

I'm assuming that would be covered under the warranty, but I'm not sure how the warranties vary from country to country so I'm not sure if that's something anyone here could answer.

Thanks for the reply towcestervag.

towcestervag
07-07-2009, 10:08 AM
if its a coil pack in england they are covered under warranty for an extended period i think its 5yrs 100000mls
you may of damaged the coil pack if you replaced the spark plugs and pulled the coil pack out incorrectly but this is rare
get a diag test done