PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking / General Electrical Help

glenndavis
08-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi All

Hope someone can help, and sorry if this is a repeat of another thread. I have an 2002 A4 2.0 Sport, which has been in strorage for 4 months. Just got it back, MOT straight away no problems, but i have developed the following faults:

Mileage on dash, was 112 000 when I stored it, now reads 621 632!!:1zhelp: , wierdly though the mileage does not increase when driving. Trip meter still goes up as normal.

Now the main problem. Damn central locking not functioning with Key Fob, can lock and unlock front doors only (With Key), but not rear. In addition the electric windows no longer work, interior lights not functioning either. I think they are all linked, but need to know where to start. Have checked all the fuses, all fine. I've got a feeling its going to be expensive, so am trying to avoid the £130 for VAG dealer just to look at it!!

Please help!!

Glenn:aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4:

cornetbloke
09-04-2007, 12:40 AM
hi,

sorry mate but it sounds as tho' the convenience power unit may be up the spout! had similar probs on my 2001 a4 1.8t. best dig your cheque book out and it might sting a bit, they're not cheap.

you never know tho it may just be a bad earth somewhere - check for damp in passenger footwell too !!

glenndavis
10-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Bugger:zx11:

I'm guessing this is the unit in the drivers door? Cant find anything else that fits the bill. Its the same unit as the window motor.

Can anyone confirm thats right, and where else I can get said unit other than Audi?

Also does this mean I have to get all the keys reprogrammed, or can I just replace the unit.

Thanks everyone

cornetbloke
14-04-2007, 06:30 AM
before you go spending any cash on parts i'd get it checked on vag-com
just to be sure

Col
14-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Bugger:zx11:

I'm guessing this is the unit in the drivers door? Cant find anything else that fits the bill. Its the same unit as the window motor.

Can anyone confirm thats right, and where else I can get said unit other than Audi?

Also does this mean I have to get all the keys reprogrammed, or can I just replace the unit.

Thanks everyone

The convenience module should be in the footwell (not sure exactly on the Audi) ususally tucked up beside the kick panels.

What can happpen is that water leaks down onto the module and drowns it ! If your car has been stood for ages it may have developed a leak possibly from a drain hole being blocked by a leaf or something similar. Are the carpets wet or damp down there ?

However it may just be plain old knackered all by itself with no intervention from water.

As above though, get it read for faults, look at my signature for vagcom information.

Desdesigner
14-04-2007, 01:37 PM
I’ve developed a problem relating to the remote boot release. It’s temperamental. The remote boot release worked fine for abit then it stopped, even the handle on the boot doesn’t work. I currently have to open it manually with the key. Is this similar?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

-Desdesigner

derrynic
15-04-2007, 03:59 PM
"Now the main problem. Damn central locking not functioning with Key Fob, can lock and unlock front doors only (With Key), but not rear. In addition the electric windows no longer work, interior lights not functioning either. I think they are all linked, but need to know where to start. Have checked all the fuses, all fine. I've got a feeling its going to be expensive, so am trying to avoid the £130 for VAG dealer just to look at it!!"

Hi, i have just had the exact same problem with my Mk 4 TDi golf. The electric windows, remote central locking and interior lights have all just stopped working. Have you had any luck finding the problem?

Woorlord
23-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Similar problem too! (Am new to this site)

I have a Sept 2001 (B6 Chassis) Audi A4 3.0L Quattro Sport [4dr] which is used sometimes at weekends and always parked in the garage when not in use. I noticed after not driving it for around 8 weeks that the electirc windows would not work - thought it was a glitch, pulled over, switched off engine and tried "total open" via keyfob - windows opened. Total closure tried - windows closed. Thought nothing more and drove around for the day.

Couple of weeks later, the remote keyfob was only opening the petrol flap - no other doors would open? After about 15 mins - all worked again. Tried that evening - would not open without physical key intervention - couple minutes later would work OK. Now getting a real pain when I do want to use the car, since failing more and more.

When locking fails, windows do not work and internal lock/unlock switch on drivers door also does not work - although fuel flap CL motor is heard to operate.

The annoying thing is that it does sometimes recover and works perfectly for a while.

Read various www forum postings and have checked the following:

Checked with 2nd spare keyfob
Checked A-pillar connector under rubber boot
Removed Drivers Door Card and remade all connections
Removed and refitted Fuses (24 & 38 I recall) for CCM unit
Disconnected Vehicle battery and reconnected
Checked for damp/wet around CCM - perfectly dry passenger footwell. Since did not remove passenger seat limited access to box owing to carpet so could not open CCM box and check any connections. Actually located just in front of the passenger seat.Because this problem is intermittent, and intervention with all of the above has resulted in a working central locking/windows after a while - but fails again, say an hour later????? :(

My next step would be to invest in VAG-COM and see what that reports - but that is going to take a while to get and setup on a suitable laptop.

Anybody got any ideas how I could approach this problem in then meantime??:confused:

Woorlord
24-10-2007, 09:22 AM
An additional note to my report above is that the CL is setup to only open the drivers door on the first keyfob press, and the rest of the doors on a quick second successive keyfob press.

During the tests a second keyfob press simply repeated unlocking of the Fuel flap and nothing else.
:confused:

MCCLATCHIE
24-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi All

Had loads of problems on my 1.8t 2001 A4.
If the Comfort control unit has a fault Vag Com will not be able to comunicate
with it.
My problem was water leaking in fault found was a split in the back lip of the
pollen filter box lid. New one was about £7 from Audi for them to replace the CM unit they wanted around £600.
If the drainage holes under the battery get blocked water can sit in the plenum chamber and slowly seep in down the back of the carpet. Foam sound proofing backing draws water in. This will damage the unit.

I was lucky to get a second hand unit from Ebay removed the front passanger seat pulled up the carpet dried everything out, plug the unit in and all started
working again.Last thing I had to do is down laod Vag com 312ver get a coms lead for my laptop and recode the keys that was the easy part.

ALL IS BACK AS NORMAL.:D