PDA

View Full Version : New(to me) 3.0TDI S-Line

paulcockermouth
05-07-2009, 04:45 PM
I have just bought a 2005 54 reg A6 3.0TDI S-Line. So much better than my Altea TDI FR !!

A few questions -

1.) CD problem hopefully cleared (by Peter!!)
2.) What size are the S-Line brake discs (I have done lots of searches and cant find the info!!) and does anybody suggest disc/pad combo?
Im tempted by EBC ultimax discs and ferodo(spelling?) pads - I am going to France in few weeks and tend to do 3k+ miles so will replace the worn discs and pads before.
3.) Before the car was prepared they MOT'd it. To pass it needed tyres - the monkeys put 2 cheap (very) rear tyres on it. I am going to change them. What do you suggest and would you do all 4 - the front has hankook.(also would i be likely to get a buyer for 2 (almost) new cheap tyres on say ebay?)

I'm sure I will have more questions soon!

JimC64
06-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Hey paul...if its the 3.0 S line it'll be a quattro I assume. That being the case I'd say replace all 4 tyres. Do yourself a favour and check Ebay. You may find its actually as cheap if not cheaper to buy 4 brand new alloys c/w brand new tyres for the same price or LESS as 2 or 3 new tyres.
As for the brakes I can highly recommend EBC RED stuff pads, maybe marry them up with their slotted / grooved discs?
Go to ebcdirect and type in scooby58 at the checkout if you do buy from them for a 15% discount and free shipping:approve:

All the best

Jim

paulcockermouth
06-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Can you confirm the disc sizes for the 3.0 tdi s-line?

JimC64
06-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey Paul, sorry I can't confirm the disc size, but....
I'd suggest the following...
Ask the dealer for a quote ( printed quote ) which may give the info required.
You could also double check with a tape across the face of the disc
Over and above that, I'd say that EBC are great and probably have all that info either on their website, or better still give them a call.

Sorry I cant help further

Jim

Gez Kane
07-07-2009, 05:05 PM
347mm on my 05 model;)

And bridgestone tyres as they have a good curb protector!