PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought a Jetta

Penners
05-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Just done the deal on a '07 plate 1.9tdi SE at my local dealers. Really looking forward to getting the keys on tuesday. Traded in my Honda CR-V, got a reasonable deal, so pretty happy all round.

This car is completing the circle for me, as my first cars were all vw, including a Jetta Mk2. Gone through, Seats, Mercs and Hondas since, but have returned to where I belong!!!

So, any tips, tricks or look outs for the new models???

nc7503
05-07-2009, 08:01 PM
i hope you enjoy it as much as i am i brought mine 4 months ago 1.9tdi s on a 56 plate got it for 7495 only got 32k on the clock. the only fault i have had is the egr valve started leaking which is a common fault if you search for it on here.still got it done under warranty f.o.c at my vw dealer. had no problems what so ever with the main dealer been very helpful. i went to leeds a few weeks back and was returning 55.7mpg and that was doing just a touch over 70;).

miketodds
28-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Wow....I am new to this whole VW thing as well....and I feel a little violated after seeing how much you (nc7503) bought your 1.9tdi for. Anyway, my does not seem to have any problems except for some mileage and a shimmy in the clutch pedal that I think is just the clutch. Just out of curiousity, what are the symptoms of a leaky egr valve? Thanks in advance and look forward to this forum.

Penners
28-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Wow....I am new to this whole VW thing as well....and I feel a little violated after seeing how much you (nc7503) bought your 1.9tdi for. Anyway, my does not seem to have any problems except for some mileage and a shimmy in the clutch pedal that I think is just the clutch. Just out of curiousity, what are the symptoms of a leaky egr valve? Thanks in advance and look forward to this forum.

The EGR valve will normally cause the car to run a little lumpy. If it is sticking occasionaly you may feel a short loss of power, if it is stuck open you will probably see an increase in fuel consumption and higher emmisions. Chances are that you will get an engine diagnosis light on the dash too.