PDA

View Full Version : 2006 A6 Avant 2.7TDI Quattro - Cig Lighter Fuse

Luapno
04-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Help needed please.

The front cigarette lighter socket has stopped working. I have checked with a multi meter and there is no power so I am assuming that the fuse has blown. I have checked the 3 fuse boxes (and the one hidden under the bonnet) but cannot see a fuse for the cigarette lighter (or one that has blown). Is there a separate fuse hidden away somewhere ?

The car is a 56 plate A6 2.7TDI Quattro Avant.

Thanks in advance.

Peter D
05-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Fuse 2 20 Amp only fuse in that circuit. Regards Peter

Luapno
05-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Peter,

Thanks for the reply. The only problem is that there isn't a 20amp fuse 2. The user manual states there is a fuse 2 20 amp for the cig lighter on left hand drive cars but not right hand drive. I will check all the fuses again

Regards

Paul

boltona
06-07-2009, 11:09 AM
I had the same thing, and after careful inspection of the car manual there is indeed mention of the fuse - however I read and re-read the manual at least twice before it was pointed out to me!

Can have a look at the manual this evening, but if you study really really carefully it will be there. Also the fuse in question is in the fusebox on the right in the boot (of my avant).

Hope that helps...

Luapno
06-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Boltona

Thanks for the reply I have now sorted the problem and changed the fuse. I did the usual bloke thing and didn't carefully read the instructions. After asking my girlfriend to read the manual it is indeed the rear fuse box No 11. Although it could be a little clearer in the manual

Moral of the story - read the manual carefully !!!:Blush2:

Thanks for your assiatance

Peter D
06-07-2009, 08:50 PM
I missed the fact it was an Avant and looked up the saloon so the fuse is up front as the battery is, unlike the Avant. Sorry about that. Regards Peter