PDA

View Full Version : About to order - Questions.....

Gavster
08-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

All being well, my missus (Kaz) and I are shortly to be ordering a 2.0 TFSI Eos. But we (well actually it's just me) have a few questions.....

1) Is the Dynaudio 10 speaker system with the 6 CD changer worth shelling out £945 for? I used to have the BOSE system in my TT Roadster which sounded great but didn't go up that loud.

2) Does anybody have the Xenons that go around corners? If so, what are they like?

3) Chipping. Our SEAT Leon Cupra R was chipped to 270 bhp by REVO which was awsome. Has anybody here chipped their EOS?

4) Which colour to order... We have decided upon black but there are 2 blacks, one solid and one pearl. Our Leon Cupra R was a solid colour. We would probably go for the cream vienna leather.

5) Wind deflector. We will almost always have our 2 kids in the back of the car so the optional wind deflector that takes up the rear seats will not be suitable for us. Does anybody know of a wind deflector (such as the one on the old Mercedes SLK which was a bit of mesh material that stretched over the head restraints) that may work behind the EOS's rear seats?

Thanks for your time guys and we look forward to becoming part of the VW community.

Gavin

GurnyGub
09-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Gavin,
If you like your music order the Dynaudio. I didn't then tried to change my order, with no luck. You can't retrofit the system either, the speakers are all powered 30w, so 10x30w....I'll never know! The system also knows when the top's down, and adjusts. I have the xenons, and they're great. I live down a really twisty isolated peninsula road, and the difference is there in front of you, ideal for 'quick' night driving. If you do mostly town driving I wouldn't bother. I've the v6 so can't help on chipping. Mine's Island Grey pearl, and think the pearl effect is much better, well I would. The wind deflector, when there's a babysitter, is a definite bonus, it stops the wind coming in the back of the car, and sneaking around your back and legs. Good luck,

John

Gavster
09-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks mate, that's interesting. I'll definitely go for the Dynaudio and Xenons. I'm going to try and find an SLK owner that will lend me their bra to see if it fits the rear head rests of the EOS!