PDA

View Full Version : Fault finding help please

megger
04-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I have got VAG com share ware version that I am upgrading to the full version. I am just waiting for the validation code from Ross tech

My car is the AUDI A4 AVANT 1.9 tdi AJM 2000 X reg
I have a fault 17964 charge pressure negative deviation
Can someone please guide me through the tests or proceadures that I need to follow so that I can pinpoint the fault that is causing my power loss.

So far I have replaced all the vacuum hoses and checked the boost pipes for leaks. I have also cleaned the turbo with innotec and the vnt actuator rod is moving freely. I have replaced the MAP sensor.

I desperatly need some guidance on the use of VAG com and what it is telling me, so as to help me identify the fault

I can only assume that a sensor or valve is faulty but I may of missed something.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

martin1810
04-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Vag-com won't help much with this. Fiirst you need to be certain that you have no vacuum leaks. Best test is to use a mityvac or ask a garage to test the hoses for you. Next check that you can suck on the vnt actuator and see it move, check the big air cooler pipes for leaks. Finally replace MAP N75 valve and or MAP sensor. I would start with cheapest first. Good luck.

megger
05-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Cheers for the reply. Gutted I wasted £60 registering VAG COM if it won't help me with this. Done all you suggested and thats why I thought I'd register it and try and pinpoint the cause. Oh well I'll just have to soldier on. Cheers