PDA

View Full Version : ABS fault.

Team Green
04-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone,

the ABS light has been coming on in my 98 Sharan 1.9 tdi for some time now. I code read it and got the following error

01276 ABS Hydraulic Pump (V64)

16-10 Signal Outside Specification Intermittent.

I had a look at the CV rings etc and new that the front offside ring was broken and the sensor was damaged so when it went in for its MOT they replaced those and passed the car. Have got the car back and I am still getting the same code so is it a case that another sensor has failed and if so why isn't VAG Com showing it or is it likely to be something else.

Thanks for any help.

towcestervag
06-07-2009, 11:20 PM
sounds like the abs pump

Team Green
10-07-2009, 08:34 PM
As you can imagine, I was hoping to hear that it might be something cheap and simple to fix. Do you know how I can test the pump to see if it has failed before I start trying to change the unit?

towcestervag
10-07-2009, 10:53 PM
look on internet there are several places that recondition abs unit at a resonable price

Team Green
11-07-2009, 08:47 AM
many thanks, will give it a go.

martin1810
11-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Are you worried about the fault code or the light being on. If the light is on you are stuck for MOT but if it's just a fault code you can probably ignore it. An error code on these pumps doesn't have to mean the unit is faulty it just means it's outside the ecu spec.

Team Green
12-07-2009, 07:30 AM
The ABS light comes on when I get up to approx 15-18 mph and then flags up the fault code. All the sensors and ABS rings are ok so I presume it must be something else. They did pass it for the MOT as they said whilst it was being tested the light did not come on so they can't have gone fast enough to trigger it.

martin1810
14-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Have a good look at your tyres. Check all tyres are same size (i know it sounds silly) and check for damage. Ultimately you may have to replace abs module. Recon units are much cheaper these days, you don't need to buy new.