PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mk6 Squeak

Kriss60
02-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Hi,
I purchased a new Golf Mk6 Tsi GT at the beginning of March & about 2 weeks ago noticed a squeak each time I accelerate when the engine is under load. My local dealer has advised me, that they have been advised by VW. that it is caused by vibration in a clutch in the water pump, and that this is normal. VW Customer Service have said the same, but also advised the problem is under investigation. I do not see how this can be normal if it only started after about 2k miles.
I do intend to take matters further with VW Uk Management but would be interested to find out if anyone else encountered this problem.

david25
03-07-2009, 06:32 AM
Hi,
I purchased a new Golf Mk6 Tsi GT at the beginning of March & about 2 weeks ago noticed a squeak each time I accelerate when the engine is under load. My local dealer has advised me, that they have been advised by VW. that it is caused by vibration in a clutch in the water pump, and that this is normal. VW Customer Service have said the same, but also advised the problem is under investigation. I do not see how this can be normal if it only started after about 2k miles.
I do intend to take matters further with VW Uk Management but would be interested to find out if anyone else encountered this problem.

Yes, its a known problem, use google to translate this text
http://www.michaelneuhaus.de/golf6/golf6-probleme.htm
there is also a video example, it also a problem on mk5 units.