PDA

View Full Version : No one has done this then

jetter10
02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi All

Posted a question on here some weeks ago regarding the fitting of a 7 way bypass relay for a tow bar.

The car is an A4 B7 55 Plate.

I asked if anyone could tell me what wires in the car went to the respective lights.

I have searched the forums but to no avail, loads of people saying they have done this but no one can be bothered to help out.

Shame because the site has been very helpful and interesting for other queries.

Cheers. :zx11:

Motorway
03-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi.
I did two of these last year and my sisters last weekend. all relays were sourced from towequip with the towbars and the wires were as follows. Yellow wire to L/H Indicator. Blue wire to Fog. Green wire to R/H Indicator. Brown wire to R/H side light. Red wire to brake light. Black wire to L/H side light. Grey wire to Reverse light. there were also a 12v feed, an earth and one labeled TT and this was for a lamp to show when the trailer lights were flashing. this is all based on model no:- TEB7AS.

have had a look on towsure site and it looks like one that they also supply so it may be a standard relay type.

hope this helps

Ben
09-07-2009, 01:42 PM
all the info is easily found.

Irrespective of the car, the electrics will all be the same, so take a look through my how to guide about fitting a tow bar to a mk5 golf. In that thread is a wiring diagram, if it is not in that thread, follow the links at the beginning of the thread to take you to the research thread.

Ben

sharalaxy
28-10-2011, 10:11 AM
all the info is easily found.

Irrespective of the car, the electrics will all be the same, so take a look through my how to guide about fitting a tow bar to a mk5 golf. In that thread is a wiring diagram, if it is not in that thread, follow the links at the beginning of the thread to take you to the research thread.

Ben

Actually not correct not all cars use the TEB7AS bypass relay only newer cars will need this, being that it is new technology for multiplexed cars there is not such a large amount of info about it.
I'm surprised you even replied to this given the answer was already given??

Eshrules
28-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Actually not correct not all cars use the TEB7AS bypass relay only newer cars will need this, being that it is new technology for multiplexed cars there is not such a large amount of info about it.
I'm surprised you even replied to this given the answer was already given??

I'm surprised you even replied to this given the thread's two years old?

Mind your tone please ;)