PDA

View Full Version : Can you fit three car seats in the back of a Q7?

Gareth1976
02-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Hello
My wife and I weren't stressed out enough by having a three year old and a one year old running riot in our home so we decided to have just one more.
Child number three is due in Febuary so I am now doing some research into cars which would accomodate three children in the back.
Could any of you Q7 owners with three children be able to let me know please?
I currently drive an A4 Avant which I love but I am going to have to change it at some stage. Someone mentioned the possibility of an A6 Avant being able to accomodate three child seats in the back so if any one knows about that then please let me know.
Thanks for your help with this.
Regards
Gareth

Jam Man
04-07-2009, 10:14 AM
We have a 4 year old and a 1 year old and based on our experience I would say no.

The 1 year old has an isofix seat which does bring it in towards the centre a little more. When we take an additional child on the opposite side, the 4 year old's booster won't fit in the middle.

Maybe if both outer seats weren't isofix they would just about fit, but it would be tight and there's certainly no access to the seat belt clasps.

Our 4 year old actually wants to sit in the rear most seats anyway so we just flip one up and he hops in from the back. Only downside to this is the removal of the boot blind and having to clamber in to set up the rear seat belt.

Gareth1976
10-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. Regards. Gareth

jamieheron
16-01-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm in the same situation as the OP. I have a 4 year old, a 2 year and a baby on the way. The centre seat of the middle row of seats in a Q7 is too small to fit a child booster seat with back.
Does anyone know if it's possible to deactivate the front passenger air bags?
Thanks.

Jam Man
17-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Yes, there is an ignition key operated switch in the glove box.

jamieheron
17-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the response.
Jamie.

shabazmo
08-02-2011, 01:40 AM
We looked at the Q7 to replace our galaxy and found that despite our kids being older there were only 2 comfortable seats in the back. I am afraid you have to go for the boring people carrier to get decent rear room. Or do what I did. Get yourself a A7 and get the wife a Galaxy/Sharan

gav111
15-04-2011, 11:34 AM
I have twins (3 yo) and an 18mth in 3 child seats - 2 x maxicosi isofix mounted, with an belt mounted maxicosi in the middle. Works well and all safe and secure. Also allows us to use isofix seats in the rear when carrying other adult passengers, e.g. another 1 or 2. Great car and not a van.