PDA

View Full Version : How do commission numbers work?

dimucci
01-07-2009, 01:02 PM
I have been given one for our 1.6TDI SE and told to expect a September delivery, but the dealer is unable to provide a week of manufacture as yet. I am curious: they follow any pattern?
Thanks.

microwork
01-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Hey - I have ordered same car.

I havent even got a commission number yet - when did you order yours?

J

dimucci
01-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Ordered on the 26th June. The commission number was on the order confirmation sent by the dealer.

microwork
01-07-2009, 08:11 PM
I think I remember reading on one of these posts that a guy had called VW UK with the commission number and complained that he had been given no build date.
I think VW UK were able to sort him out with a date rather than contacting the dealer.

My dealer calls me every week to tell me that "the system" has no date for me yet. Ordered on 3rd June.

dimucci
01-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Will give it a week or so before chasing the dealer.

HHGTTG
02-07-2009, 03:36 PM
I think I remember reading on one of these posts that a guy had called VW UK with the commission number and complained that he had been given no build date.
I think VW UK were able to sort him out with a date rather than contacting the dealer.

My dealer calls me every week to tell me that "the system" has no date for me yet. Ordered on 3rd June.
Yes, that's me. I think dealers don't generally divulge Commission Numbers and anyway was suspecting that my order, back in February 26th, was going to be awkward as dealers, then, didn't really know how long these cars were going to take especially if, like mine, I wanted a sunroof.
l phoned VW at Milton Keynes many weeks ago, now, and provided them with the Commission Number that i finally did manage to extract from my dealer. As a consequence VW also gave me a Case Reference Number and it was they who in the first week of June, phoned me out of the blue and told me that my car was going to build week 27 i.e. this week. I expect to take delivery later this month which will make it almost 5 months to deliver my car.

Robbie G
02-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Ordered on the 26th June. The commission number was on the order confirmation sent by the dealer.

Same (ordered 20th May). They sent me a piece of white paper with a copy of the factory order acceptance. This document included the six digit commission number and some text saying 'order status - factory acceptance' or similar. I emailed VWUK and they came back about 4 days after my email with a build date of week 26 but a delivery estimate of 12 weeks thereafter?! I queried this with no response.

HHGTTG - 5 months - lol!!

HHGTTG
02-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Same (ordered 20th May). They sent me a piece of white paper with a copy of the factory order acceptance. This document included the six digit commission number and some text saying 'order status - factory acceptance' or similar.

HHGTTG - 5 months - lol!!
Seems absurd looking back now and would possibly never have ordered had I know then, what I know now. However all factory orders were going to take considerably longer than first anticipated especially, it seems, for that damned sunroof.
Some people are apparently walking away from their VW showrooms when they are told the true delivey dates for cars with options.
If you look at the latest price list it says, as a foot note, that some options if specified will lead to late deliveries (or words to that effect).

chockymonster
03-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Seems absurd looking back now and would possibly never have ordered had I know then, what I know now. However all factory orders were going to take considerably longer than first anticipated especially, it seems, for that damned sunroof.
Some people are apparently walking away from their VW showrooms when they are told the true delivey dates for cars with options.
If you look at the latest price list it says, as a foot note, that some options if specified will lead to late deliveries (or words to that effect).

I still find it odd that we ordered 2 weeks ago and have been given a delivery date of October 5th. Our dealer has said the only way that is going to move is closer to September, although I'll believe both when we actually get a build date :biglaugh:

dimucci
07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
I e-mailed VWUK and they responded by saying that the provisional build week for our car (see first post, ordered 26th June) will be week 38 - September - and delivery in October.
Ho hum..........
:confused:

HHGTTG
07-07-2009, 03:44 PM
I e-mailed VWUK and they responded by saying that the provisional build week for our car (see first post, ordered 26th June) will be week 38 - September - and delivery in October.
Ho hum..........
:confused:
Oh, at least you'll have a nice new '59 reg. plated car.