PDA

View Full Version : VW MFD Sat Nav help

Shinman
07-04-2007, 02:00 PM
ive fitted a MFD version D sat nav unit its finding satellites and maps but it puts me in a different location to where i actually am, please help as im going mad trying to figure it out:aargh4: :zx11: :1zhelp:

franky
08-04-2007, 05:26 PM
When mine did this, i took the disc out, switched it off, then on, put disc back in and it sorted it's self out!?:beerchug:

Shinman
08-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Hi Franky

Will try this and come back to you

Thanks
:beerchug:

Shinman
08-04-2007, 08:51 PM
HI Franky
No that did not do it either, any other suggestions bud, it plans the route and then tells me im off road, im clean out of ideas, wonder if its down to the maps????:( :(

Froggy
11-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Where have you mounted the GPS aerial, and have you checked you are picking up a speed pulse (Gala) Signal.

Both are essential to the unit functioning correctly. Have you set the wheel/tyre size correct for your vehicle?

snapdragon
11-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Mine took overnight to find where it was, is it parked outdoors at night, rather than in a garage where the GP may not work?

Also, you can enter your location manually, and this may help it lock on to where it is. Are you sure you have a UK Disk? Where is it putting you? How far away? Another country or a street away? Don't forget the foreign CDs also have main UK A roads, so it may be snapping you to these.

Shinman
12-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Hi Guys ( Franky, SnapDragon)

Thanks for your info, it turns out that the person id bought it from sent me a version A unit and not the version D that i had paid for so the unit is now with the help of Royal Mail on its way back for a replacement to a version D.
Aparantley the Version A has to be linked to the cars ABS Sensors which is where it gets a pulse from to sync as the new Audi 's do with there sat nav (so i was told) once i get the unit back i will have another play and see how we fair this time.
thank guys for taking the time to reply, much appreciated
:beerchug: :beerchug:

Shinman
13-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi Froggy

How do i get in to set the wheel & tyre size settings, at the moment the sat nav unit is back with the supplier as he sent me Version A when i actually paid for a version D, and would the same thing apply
Thanks

Shinman
14-04-2007, 12:26 PM
The replacement unit has arrived today Late but at least its here) there now is an extra connecter from the older version A looks like an ariel plug but smaller (not the GPS antenna connecter) any ideas anyone, im fitting it tomorrow, i also have managed to get an extension cable for the 6 cd player that used to be in the dash as standard which is going to be in its new home the Armrest hopefully ive done all the right things and some one will have the answer for me about this extra plug :1zhelp: :aargh4: :1zhelp:

madz
14-04-2007, 02:07 PM
The replacement unit has arrived today Late but at least its here) there now is an extra connecter from the older version A looks like an ariel plug but smaller (not the GPS antenna connecter) any ideas anyone, im fitting it tomorrow, i also have managed to get an extension cable for the 6 cd player that used to be in the dash as standard which is going to be in its new home the Armrest hopefully ive done all the right things and some one will have the answer for me about this extra plug :1zhelp: :aargh4: :1zhelp:

Well i definately havent got an extra plug, i always thought it was the gps ariel or something dat was faulty but now i reckon its def the box, btw do u know how to find out which version your sat nav is? my serial number starts with vwz1z7a......
Keep me posted on how you get on, cheers:aargh4:

Shinman
14-04-2007, 04:40 PM
HI MADZ

I think the xtra plug is for the TV input but im still checking, as far as the version of the unit it is the last letter of the serial No my old one was A and the correct one now is D, if yours is an A this means that it needs a pulse from the ABS to determins the speed at which you are travelling to work out junctions ETC, you have two choices 1, upgrade to a Version D
2, buy a kit which will give the required signals to the unit, this is available from a company clikck the link http://www.bluespot.co.uk/default.asp . let me know how you get on.

madz
15-04-2007, 12:06 PM
HI MADZ

I think the xtra plug is for the TV input but im still checking, as far as the version of the unit it is the last letter of the serial No my old one was A and the correct one now is D, if yours is an A this means that it needs a pulse from the ABS to determins the speed at which you are travelling to work out junctions ETC, you have two choices 1, upgrade to a Version D
2, buy a kit which will give the required signals to the unit, this is available from a company clikck the link http://www.bluespot.co.uk/default.asp . let me know how you get on.

And do oyu know how much it will cost to fit one of these ir would i just be beter off upgrading to version D?:confused:

Shinman
15-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi One and All

Firstly WOW what a beautiful day far too good to be having issues with the car but anyway!!!

Ive fitted Sat nav unit (Version D) and also managed to fitthe original the 6 disc player in the armrest and it looks like it grew ther just a little modding on the little bin thingy that was in there and it went in like a silk glove, BUT the sat nav unit is telling me im off road still i havent driven it much roughly about 15 mins but i heard a mention of entering wheel & tyre size into the unit does anyone know how to do this as im running 18inch rs8's.. please help:aargh4: :( :aargh4: :( :aargh4: :(

Froggy
16-04-2007, 10:34 AM
OK - which Sat Nav is it? It should have a model code on it somewhere.

G51NG
18-05-2007, 11:19 PM
hi guys, i have brought a sat nav unit for my vw golf mk4 gti anniversary, its the ford version though part number 7M0 035 191 H... is there any way to remove the ford logo when you turn the unit on????

JBZ_786
31-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi mate just wondering how you ot on with your new model satnav as im wanting to do the same thing!!

If all is working, how

1. Does the cd changer fit in the armrest, and,
2. Does the cable get to it!!

I could really do with the info bud!!

Thanks

richard@thebrae
01-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Hi If you follow this link, this site will give you everything you need to know about VW MFD units. :-

http://vwnavi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

It does have all the info you are likely to need, just use the search.
If you are stuck then post your "?" there, they will give you all the help you need. If not give me a PM. Regards Richard