PDA

View Full Version : Question How reliable is a 2000-2001 Fabia 1.9 SDI

harry100
30-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Hello all,

I am considering buying a 2000 Fabia 1.9 SDi and would like to know how reliable the vehicle is. The reason I ask is because I have read alot of reviews about lots of owners who have had problems such as power steering faults. I would really appreciate any advice or experiences of Fabia owners.

Cheers

bora23
21-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Dont do it, youll regret buying an SDI. You are aware that an SDI is basically a TDI without a Turbo Charger?

Its powerless and gutless (even in town) and the MPG is very poor. If your looking for a Fabia try a TDI version. You wont regret it. Aside from that they tend to be pretty bullet proof.

gbrad2x
21-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Dont do it, youll regret buying an SDI. You are aware that an SDI is basically a TDI without a Turbo Charger?

Its powerless and gutless (even in town) and the MPG is very poor. If your looking for a Fabia try a TDI version. You wont regret it. Aside from that they tend to be pretty bullet proof.

Desite being very un torquey for a diesel lump the SDI is far from being hard on fuel. It will return 55mpg no problems and the engine is absolutely bomb proof capable of achieving monster milage.

If you plan to overtake safely though forget it :aargh4:

. With a top speed of 97 mph it is easily one of the most iunderpowered modern engines still available today....A TDI always makes more sense. Even a base 90bhp non pd TDI will be like a Ferrarai in comparsion to the modest humble SDI....